Not open for further replies.

LBC

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hi, I've been having a host of symptoms, the stickies were helpful so i won't bother with that other then to say hand weakness is one of them. I've seen a lot about Solit hand syndrome and how it can be an indicator, but not many people seem to know what it is so I was hoping someone around here could tell me if that's what my hand (or atrophy) looks like because I fear it does, I understand this is not a diagnostic forum just need opinion. This is my hand 3 different pictures but same hand. Not sure if insert will work so adding link, same picture.

Attachments

• IMG_4044.JPG
    IMG_4044.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,258
  • IMG_4048.JPG
    IMG_4048.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,026
  • IMG_4053.JPG
    IMG_4053.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,584
No one can diagnose split hand from photos, and even if they could, it's not a substitute for a diagnosis. Do see a doctor if you're concerned about your health, because ALS is one of the rarer reasons for perceived hand weakness of any kind.

Best,
Laurie

Ok thank you for the response. If can't awnser these last two questions I understand but wanted to ask as well, in general would use of the hand indicate it's probably not split hand, and would weakness coming on to all limbs at once as well as face region be common, even if it was more pronounced in one hand? Thank you

Four-limb feelings of weakness argue against ALS, with or without issues with the face. As well, being able to do normal activities speaks to a lack of clinical weakness, which is the kernel of ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back