Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CZ
City
Prague
Hi,
firstly let me thank you all for doing this - having so much strength while helping others even when you have problems of your own.
About two weeks ago I started slurring word endings and sometimes pronouncing an additional letter in a word or replacing it with a similar one. Usually, it happens a few times a day and it's something that others notice as well. Having a friend who died of ALS, this honestly makes me really worried.
I'm trying to put my mind at ease by reasoning with myself that being able to speak without problems if I pay enough attention to it and pronounce carefully (even tongue-twisters) is something that probably goes against this being ALS (based on what I read in the sticky post), but then the idea of this being just the beginning and the memory of my friend take over.

Thank you very much for your time!

Please see a doctor with your concerns.

I will. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, it was certainly not my intention. Thank you for your time!

You didn't offend. You didn't ask any questions, but you did not not mention seeing a doctor so that is where you should start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back