Country
Kor
State
Gwangju
City
Gwangju
Speech problem and several symptoms

Hello everyone
I’m Korean, male, and 29 years old (born in 1988). And, please understand my lack of English writing skill.

Now, I have been experienced in the several symptoms considered to be the symptoms attributed to MND. Please refer to my symptoms sorted by the time and give me the comment whether I am the onset of the bulbar palsy.

Feb. 6: I feel firstly “myself” that my speech was all slurred. Especially, n character is most hard to me to pronounce.

Feb 27: Still, speech problem is maintained. But no one can notice that I have a speech problem. And everybody says that “I cannot find any problem that you have the speech problem”

Mar. 11: In ALS Korean community, I found the thread describing how ALS progress and status at now. She started the speech problem as the symptoms of ALS and as same as me, only she could notice her speech is slurred. But after 3 months later, family recognized her speech is abnormal. And now she was diagnosed as ALS. Actually, what she described in her thread is remarkably similar with what I am experiencing so that I started to worry about ALS

Mar. 14: Muscle twitching is started. I don’t use the term of muscle fasciculation but twitching because my muscle moved together not but individually (as far as I know, fasciculation of ALS seems to be a wave showing the all individual muscle thread is moved in the wide-range of part such as the whole part of the calf)

May. 23: Still, I had the subjective speech problem. (Subjective means none of person can find that I have the speech problem). And, firstly, I felt that my right-hand fingers (index and little finger) are a bit stiff

Apr. 23: I visited the hospital and doctor said there is no clinical symptoms. (because no fasciculation on my tongue, no hyper-reflex on knee reflex, jaw reflex, arm reflex, Babinski reflex is normal). And, I got the needle EMG and surface EMG in my right part (leg and arm) and the result is perfectly normal. But doctor said if you have uncomfortable on my tongue, you would better go to the university hospital to test on my tongue directly.

Now (May 02) (almost 3 months later since I feel first symptoms regarding the speech)
1. I have the speech problem also. And, I feel that my speech problem is getting worse.
2. But so far, none of my friend and family recognize that I have the speech problem, suggesting that my speech is normal apparently.
3. I have the muscle twitching in the whole body
4. I feel stiffness on my right arm
5. I don’t have fasciculations and dystophy on my tongue but I sometimes feel that my tongue is hurt as if it is burned.
6. I have the plan to go the university hospital on May 15 to exam my tongue by using needle EMG directly.

Could it be the symptoms that I am the onset of the bulbar palsy or ALS?.
I really thank you for your answer
Best regards
J. W. Han

This thread has been closed for administrative reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back