Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Nikki, would the MD be able to give me the results of the exam at the time of the procedure?

One more question, considering I'm a little anxious about this, would you say that considering my normal exam in the office to maybe bypass this EMG and just try to move on? God forbid something minor shows up, etc.

I just read the office notes and she says "his neurological exam was normal today and I have a very low suspicion of ALS based on the history and exam."

They know the results as they go. If it is not your doctor doing it the protocol may be that you must get the results from your neurologist.

Read my previous responses. I do not think you are going to get peace from this even if stone cold normal results. You have to do what you have to do but a neurologist told you it was only being done for peace of mind. Again read the experiences of the members Teedot and Jamesdoe

Thank you Nikki, I've read the responses and the sticky's a number of times. So Friday if the test is normal, I need to move on?

Sorry if I'm a little confused but the neuro was so clinical that it was tough to ask her questions and just talk about things which is what I was looking for.

Wanted to give an update and get your opinion. I had my EMG and NCV last week and it came back clean or normal. I problem is I still have this perceived weakness and pain in my right arm so she recommended PT for this. The question I have is if I have this weakness and clumsiness in my hand what else could it be? Everytime I stumble with a button or grabbling the top of a butter dish, it brings me back to previous and before my EMG. I know the EMG is the gold standard and I'm not going to ask if it was done too early, etc., as I've seen that before. I'm also seeing a councilor to help me through this but I'm curious as to whether you have any thoughts. She also said the tests showed no carpel tunnel. Would an EMG test for MS?

Thanks for your time

Now you are that guy.

Three people have told you that you don't have ALS.

1. One of the smartest people on the subject, whose husband died of ALS.
2. One of the very smartest and most experienced people, who actually has ALS herself.
3. The medical doctor who has seen you several times, tested you, and run the EMG on you,

At some other websites, people would suggest different diseases and trade symptoms with you. We don't do that here, because we believe that it is irresponsible for a layperson on the Internet to pretend they are a doctor physically seeing you.

It would be pretty stupid of you if you were to ask laypeople on the Internet for their opinions about what you might have.

If you take up the time of dying people and their caregivers, that would be pretty impolite.

Tell your GP medical doctor about your emotional concerns.

Asked and answered. Your doc recommended PT. It's a good thing that can reduce both your symptoms and your anxiety about them, so don't hang out here, go get helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back