Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Has anyone experienced any kind of reprise from spasticity? In my case, the spasticity had gotten so bad that it was difficult to get out of bed or rise from a kneeling position (or get into a kneeling position). Then one day, the muscles loosened up enough so that it wasn't quite as difficult. Hoping it stays that way!

Having said that, the leg cramps have gotten worse and jaw fatigue is fairly constant. The upper and lower arms are still weak, too. I don't seem to be getting any of the lost strength back.

I'm just curious about the spasticity letting up a bit. Anyone else experience this kind of let-up?

Zaphoon

I now cant get up from the floor, without something sturdy to hang on to...but I do get some relief from the spasicity daily...when I get out of bed I can hardly walk, but then I go on a static bike, or swim or sometimes a treadmill. The swimming (with a life preserver) and using the bike are the best for my mobility and I can lift my legs higher, to get into the car for instance...so hey...I am keeping up the mobility training...just enough to wake those stupid muscles every morning...long may it last

Jennifer,

Thanks for the reply. It seems as though there is some control to be had over muscle tightness.

Zaphoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back