n/a
Country
CA
State
ontario
City
toronto
Morning everyone,

My mom told me this morning that she feels her leg muscles bouncing around and that it's causing her much pain. My immediate thought is that she now has fasiculations in her leg. I'm just wondering how does a spasm feel and how does a fasiculation feel?

sral,

Fasiculation are annoying but they don't hurt. Spasms do hurt and cause pain.

Crystal,

Thanks for your response. Does a spasm feel like your muscles are bouncing around?

Have you had both spasms and fasics? Do they feel different?

This is second party communication and I apologize. I'm trying to describe the muscle feeling she's having based on how she described it to me in another language.

My neuro's student asked me last visit if I had fasiculations. I didn't know what that felt like. She said it's a feeling somewhat like bugs crawling around. I don't have that feeling, so I don't know how accurate that is.
I have had muscle spasms, and they hurt very much. They are like a pulling and tightning of the muscle.

judith

Hi Sral, I think your mom could be having a spasm like problem that is umn related. I know many people with UMN problems that describe this sensation.

thanks hoping for a cure

Actually, since my posting I think we've kind of figured out what it is and it's neither a spasm or fasiculation.

My mom's sensation like a someone took a pitch fork to her muscles is neuropathic. Since that feeling she has also started getting knife stabbing pain in her legs as well. Her doctor said it's neuropathy and gave her a low dose neuropathy medication but it has not been effective to date.

Neuropathy is not suppose to be a PLS symptom but I've heard of others that have it as well. Does anyone on this forum have neuropathic pain?

Thanks everyone.

Sral,
I haven't experienced that YET. Hope I don't either.

judith

We all have pain of some kind at one point or another . Neuropathy is a catch all phrase, it simply means something in the central nervous system . Neuro is in the central nervous system , pathy is short for pathology . Like ive said before ,people need to learn terminology and what it means or these idiots will have you spinning in your tracks . You go to a Neuro/logist when you have a neurological disease. when the nerves are affected ,in the skin , in the muscles etc. The central nervous system is a means of sending signals back and forth lots of information very very fast . When this doesnt happen the devices at the ends cant work properly(hands, feet etc) . Just like a Computor ,something gets in there and causes havoc . Problably the most common pain is from Cramps or Spasms . I. E the Muscles . I find when i use my TENS this stimulates the muscles where my brain is not as much as its suppose to . Geo

I forgot to mention my Psoriasis is different than most others . Sometimes its like someone took a cigarette lighter and put it on my skin .
and now im getting Lots of Tendonitis, this is where the muscle connnects to the bone. Namely in my Patellar Tendon (knee). Last year in my LCL Lateral Colateral Ligament Tendon . Take Aleve . Geo

I have what I think are fasiculations my calf muscles. I can see and feel them pulsating. It looks as if something is crawling under my skin. I seem to get them just about all the time in my legs but I occasionally get them in my shoulders, arms, hands and feet. The ones in my feet cause my toes to move on their own, sometimes my little toes move into positions I cannot make them move consciously!

Paul

Paul i too had these at first ,9 yrs now but they have gone ,maybe because i used to do the Calf Stretches . Or i moved South where its warm, i dont know . Mine were like little thumps not crawling . My thaughts on this are the Muscle there are getting conflicting signals they dont know wether to move or not ,kind of in between ,like the Clumsiness we have when moving . I had to get out of the Cold ,for me the Hotter the better . Your Friend Geo

I forgot to mention Fasics can happen to anyone . Can you remmeber when your eyelid would twitch once in a while ? Well thats a Fasic
But we get Multiple Fasics this is where theres concern and you couple that with other Symptoms . Mixed Signals from the Brain . Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back