Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
UK
City
S H I R E .
Hi,

I have another thread but this is a different topic so starting a the new one. My legs feel tight and achy todayand my foot has cramped recently a few days ago. I had a Neurologists appointment on Thursday just over a week ago. My reflexes were normal and no clonus reflex or babinski reflex. Does spasicity always come with hyperreflexia? If my spasicity was to start this week after the Neurologists appointment would she still have had hyper reflexes abd would she have still found something?

Thank You
Bughead0835

A moment of sanity:

If a friend came up to you and rubbed his leg, complaining that it was tight and aching and mentioned his foot had cramped recently, would you:

A. Recommend stretching
B. Empathize
C. Suggest he has a spinal problem
D. Move on in the coversation because talking about tight, aching legs isn't interesting for long

In all seriousness, feeling something for a week and wondering if it's a big medical term you don't really understand is not a healthy reaction. You need help, or your mind will take you to much worse places than your body ever will. If you had no upper motor neuron signs last week, I would bet dollars to donuts you don't have any this week.

It's impossible to have spasticity with normal reflexes....you could have brisk reflexes with no feeling of spasticity but if you have clinical spasticity you certain have hyperriflexia too.

I understand spasicity in the legs more now and realise I don't have it so Thank You. However, I am still concerned about the cramps. I just got another very mild one in my right leg calf whilst sitting at the bus stop. I did have this leg on tip toe whilst sitting down though so I was using it. My cramps have only started after seeing the Neurologist on Thursday just over a week ago. From my the Neurologist's appointment she concluded I didn't have ALS because of no clinical weakness, I have had the twitches since July and she thinks it would have progressed further by now, my reflexes were normal and because of my age, I have just turned 20. She said she doesn't think I need an EMG because she doesn't think it's ALS. I thought I had Atrophy but my GP said it is not because no weakness first proceeding it. Are these muscle cramps progression? (As they are in opposite leg to which I thought I had Atrophy). Do muscle cramps proceed fasciculations in ALS or the other way around? Are muscle cramps usually avresult of having spasicity in ALS? Because I know I don't have spascicity.

Thank You
Bughead0835

Please don't let an xi ety rule you. You have been cleared by your doc tor. Turn off the computer and don't look back. You may want to try mag be sium for mu scle spasms. All check out A bout b f s . C o m all scrunched together. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back