05/2007
Country
IL
State
Sharon
City
Netanya
Hi, my name is Jackob.

My father has been diagnosed for ALS 14 months ago. He asked me to post this message and I agreed as long as I can state my own opinions as well.

When he got ill, I was desperately looking for anything that might help and I came across several "options", but that non of them has helped besides for the sellers' bank account...

Two months ago I found a web site called ] that sells frequency healing sounds. It is like a virtual sound-mall for hundreds of diseases including one for ALS. I asked my father if he would be willing to listen to it and he said he was willing to give it a try. I downloaded it and he started listening for 5 minutes twice a day.

After a week my mom called and told me that his left shoulder started moving again after being completely motionless for five months. She said they both think it might be the sounds and I told her that I really doubt it because there are remissions and sometimes temporary small improvements with ALS patients.

I really cannot say things in favor of these sounds, but what I can say is that the shoulder is still moving relatively well and my father became a dedicated fan of the sounds.
I do not wish to create false hopes, because frankly deep inside I do not believe that sounds can create such an impact, though that site has a lot of theory why it can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jacob- Your instincts on this are on right on target! I allowed this link for now since you say you have no financial interest in increasing sales for their product. Plus I figured we should get a discussion going on this new "treatment," which fits every definition for a scam. (Sorry to be so blunt. I know your parents are hopeful.)

Look at it like this: nobody seems to come out of the woodwork promising a cure for the common cold. Why do you think that is? Could it be that the common cold affects millions of people, and thus their "treatment" would be pr oven sooner to be false?

I think they target people with incurable diseases, knowing the incurable will be desperate and more willing to pay.

One final point: Cancer and ALS are in no way related to each other. So how can the same procedure solve both?

I hope your parents did not spend a lot of money on this. The money they spent might have been better put towards a nice trip or some other memory.

Last edited:
I removed the link because this ranks right up there with hooking your testicles to a battery in the silliness dept. If it wasn't so sad that people were being taken advantage of it would be laughable. I'm not picking on you personally Jackob, just the scammers.
AL.

Holy crap, ouch!

Thanks for that visual man :twisted:

Ouch again! Even I am flinching. :-D

I agree

I totally agree with you.

The only point is that my parents are convinced that it helps. The "comfort" here is that it costs $15 and at least for ALS it does not come at the expense of any other treatment since there isn't any.

BTW:Not that it makes any difference, it is not one sound for all diseases, but each disease has a different set of sounds.

Hi Jacob- Your instincts on this are on right on target! I allowed this link for now since you say you have no financial interest in increasing sales for their product. Plus I figured we should get a discussion going on this new "treatment," which fits every definition for a scam. (Sorry to be so blunt. I know your parents are hopeful.)

Look at it like this: nobody seems to come out of the woodwork promising a cure for the common cold. Why do you think that is? Could it be that the common cold affects millions of people, and thus their "treatment" would be pr oven sooner to be false?

I think they target people with incurable diseases, knowing the incurable will be desperate and more willing to pay.

One final point: Cancer and ALS are in no way related to each other. So how can the same procedure solve both?

I hope your parents did not spend a lot of money on this. The money they spent might have been better put towards a nice trip or some other memory.

Yes I know. I went to the website and read for a while before deciding it was a farce. We always check before we delete a link. If I'm unsure about it I'll get Cindy's and David's opinion first. $15 times a few thousand people adds up to a lot of cash for a few hundred spent.
AL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back