Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
ny
State
new york
City
valley stream
Now i know many people on this site have said my symptoms are not even close to being ALS? But my question is i have not had any cramps thankgod, but its muscle pain associated with ALS? My left forearm and hand feel like its sore and it my fingers feel weaker. My muscle twitching has gone down a lot thankgod, it stills twitches but not nearly as much as before. My question is would muscle twitching start then go away and then the weakness occurs. I dont think i feel any muscle weakness i can stilll run jump play basketball, and lift the same. But my question is pain in your wrists and hands related to ALS? It could be nothing and im just over worrying but im just curouis so i figure i will ask I have been also having pain in my left hip, doesnt seem weaker but def sore and painfull sometimes. Thanks for the help, i posted before everyone has been great on here. God Bless

I just read all of your posts and not one thing you describe would lead me to believe that ALS is even a remote possibility. I can't put it any more simply than that. Please relax and go enjoy college life.

Thanks for reply, but i am still wondering like i stated before, do those symptoms come along with ALS? Pain in your forearm wrists and pain in your hips. Also i noticed that i always have salvia in my throat and my neck is a little stiff.

Also, i have a question when you work out not a lot or a decent amount having no muscle sorness after could that be related to ALS? im just confused id appreciate an answer or two thanks for the help. Cause i have seem to work out day before and the next day im not sore at all im just wondering if thats because my muscles are not growing, or is it related to ALS?

Isle

Wright did answer your question already, maybe he did not say word for word that " those symptoms do not come along with ALS" , (so I just did)

Your other question about soreness, what you're experiencing is exactly the opposite that someone with ALS would have. ALS causes "post work-out ache" even if there was no workout. People with limb problems who have ALS are unable to do as much as they used to do, but yet feel like they've pushed their body much farther than they did before.

I do not know why you originally found this forum, but none of anything you've asked about has any resemblance to ALS. Not even vaguely. good luck to you. :)

Other question? Does jaming your fingers easily or hurting your fingers easily due to weakness of the fingers from something like ALS im just worried and considered. I am only 22 but i know anything is possible. I havent been cramping but my fingers feel stiff and im hurting both my thumbs very easily. I feel like my arches could cramp or feel very close to cramping but they are not. I know im statistically too young for ALS but since muscle twitches now this i am just worried. I also get muscle twitches pretty much all the time in my left buttcheek. And sometimes in my fingers and other places of my body. I am really stressed and scared about this any comments id appreciate thank you so much for everyones help.

im also expericing some horeness in my voice and seems like these is always silivia in my throat i dunno if it could be related my hamstrings are quite stiff as well i should mention, plus few twitchs in my feet

please go to the dr., you sound like you have alot of anxiety and it could be the cause of most of your symptoms.
The more you read the more symptoms you are going to develope.

really do you think so? a lot of people on here say aniexty could be the cause of my roots, but no one addressed or answered the questions about als. How could muscle cramps and stiff fingers be attributed to aniexty? Maybe i am over thinking a lot of things and worrying to much about my body and confusing normal body aches twitches cramps and pain too having a rare disease.

I agree with Crystal. Go see your doctor and have him examine you. Please, if he tells you that you do not have ALS, believe him and free yourself of this anxiety you carry.

Best of luck!

Zaphoon

so that means what i said sounds like ALS, so again im asking all those symtomps do they represent als. Both my thumbs seem to be hurt too, can aniexty cause all those symptoms?

well i mentioned it to my nero, and he told me that the nerve and emg tests are quite painfull and he said im too young to considered ALS. That is when i mentioned the muscle twitches, the muscle twitches have subsided, but my fingers still feel stiff my voice still horse and both thumbs feel like they hurt. My wrists as welll as my hamstrings like i said before feel stiff, no cramps yet thankgod, i can still manage to do all my workouts pretty well as well as do between 50 and 60 toe raises on each leg right and left. Im just pretty scared i know im young, but im a hypocrandriac as you could see. Im always checking my body looking for atrophy and testing me grip for weakness and such. I am just looking for a piece of mind, i am sorry. thanks

i guess im hoping they point away from ALS. I still dont know, not i have a little twitching in the bottom of my feat, i dunno if its twitching or tingling feeling, it is still scaring me, i hope these symptoms dont represent ALS something esle hopefully or maybe aniexty but who knows.

Isle667,

Constantly checking strength and excercise tolerance can cause stiffness and soreness. You may not even be aware of how much it adds up over the day.

I did want to comment on EMG and nerve conduction studies because many people ask about them as they wait for their appointments, and I don't want someone reading this thread to be overly nervous. I think your neuro said that EMG and nerve conduction testing is "quite painful" because he or she is trying to discourage you from an unecessary test.

These tests can be uncomfortable, but I won't describe what I felt as painful. The EMG involves insterting a small needle into different muscle groups. I felt a cramping sensation on some muscles tested, and was a little sore afterwards. When testing nerve conduction the test involves small electric shocks. Again uncomfortable and twitchy, but not really painful.

Didn't mean to sidetrack, but I know at least one person today has asked if an EMG is painful in another thread, and Zaphoon's response there lines up more with my own experience and what others have commented in the past regarding these tests.

Take care,

Robert

I found the EMG very mildly painful. On a pain scale of 1 to 10, I'd say about a 2 or 3, including the shocks, which I found worse than the needles. It wouldn't bother me to be told I have to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back