02/2019
Country
US
State
TN
City
portland
Hello

First I want to say I am so sorry for the affects this disease has caused on peoples lives.

I have neurologist appointment but I am about a month and half away from it. I have some symptoms that I would like to run by to see if I can rule out ALS

So I didn't really notice anything was wrong until my wife broke her ankle. Built a wheelchair ramp to get her in and out of the house after the repair surgery of her ankle. All was going well this was about 4 month duration of recovery of using the wheelchair. I noticed the last month I was unable to push her all the way. I would end up having to have my son meet me to help.

Ok so I didn't think much about it as it was just a off month or something. I work out some 3-4 days a week. I noticed I could not lift near what I had been. Again thinking i did something different. I let it go.

Now at work I am a tech support guy and I am typing and my fingers begin to curl very stiff and I am pulling them back to normal. Some finger twitching happening but its not all the time. I did however notice its in the same arm as the one I can lift as much in. Time frame for all this is from January of this year till now. In August my bicep has begin twitching sometimes my forearm that leads into the bicep. I have noticed it in my leg of the same side location being middle part of my side leg towards hip. I have woken up several morning not able to even lift my arm for many hours. When i do finally get to move it its not very responsive.

Again I tried to be short but informative in my post if you have any ?'s please let me know. Thank you for reading and if you have been changed or a family please know i am Praying and sorry!

Have you been to a doctor or physiotherapist to address your concerns yet? Heading straight to ALS due to twitching skips over many many other causes- from structural to viral. This link: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html has a not at all complete list of some of the common causes of twitching, etc.

It would really be a good idea to visit with a doctor, regardless, to get a check up and start your search for cause and perhaps provide some solutions/relief from symptoms.

Second the motion -- there are many possibilities here, but the only way to start sorting them out is for you to see a primary care physician. But if you wake up literally unable to move your arm, you need to get started, i.e. call today for an appointment. What you describe doesn't seem very ALS-like but it does seem concerning.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back