Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the encouragement guys. Apperantly I misread the walk in clinic's information. The doctor is there 3 times per week and only sees one patient each day on a first come, first served basis. I missed the time he was there today because of work, so I will try tomorrow at the time listed on the paper. I also called some kind of psychologic society that offers pro bono services for a year. The lady I was referred to is supposed to call me tomorrow to get more information from me and set up therapy. If I cannot get help soon from these two avenues, I will try other options. Tomorrow I will be going for a pulmonary function test to see what's going on with my breathing. Yesterday, I had done a tilt table test, which I failed miserably so they diagnosed'ed me with neurally mediated hypotension. This could explain some of my semptoms, but not all. If my speech and swallowing don't get better soon, I'm going to ask the neuro for more tests since this is causing me so much distress. Hopefully I can get myself together enough to enjoy life again. But this isn't going to happen without help. Maybe one day I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but for now I feel hopeless, lost, scared, and confused.

You are on the right path, continue on and don't get discouraged.

Yesterday at work, I sat crying in fear. Fear overtakes me from time to time. A friend/coworker came up to me didn't say a word and wrapped her arms around me and eventually she said that God only gives us as much as we can handle. She knows that my husband has been diagnosed with ALS and she is there to comfort me.

Please know this. We are here for you and know that we are praying for you and I hope this gives you comfort.

God bless,

sironside

i am sorry to read your still having problems and i hope the help you are seeking works out.
postural hypotension is not a symptom of als .
i began with hypotension over a year ago i sometimes have syncopes/blackouts, i also sometimes get palpitations. i was sent for a tilt test jan07 but they found my blood pressure was too low 96/60, they were concerned and did a ecg which showed i had a disturbance in my heart rythm so did not do the tilt test.
i had my salt levels checked( which you may want to do) and they were ok, so they think its either being on baclofen for a long time or despite salt test being ok something is stopping/ interfering with the salt/sodium channels. so i have been advised to increase my salt intake.
if your blood pressure is too low your heart has to work harder to to pump the blood round and can result in syncopes/palpitations/breathless episodes.
i am sure your breathing problems are a mixture of the hypotention and anxiety.
i hope this info helps.
take care
caroline:)

Well, I talked to the pro bono psychological associates and they turned me away. They said to go through my insurance and find a psychiatrist. I told her that the insurance only pays for about 6 visits. I guess that didn't matter. I also went to the walk-in clinic today with no success. There were 3 people sitting in the waiting area and the receptionist told me I need to come 3 hours in advance to be the first person. That would have been nice to know when I went tuesday, it was the same receptionist. So far, all my efforts to get help have been futile. Maybe I should just forget it and wait until my appointment in 2 weeks. But I fear for my emotional well-being until then. I really don't know what to do. I really need to talk to someone face-to-face.

Do not give up. If you have to wait, go to church and talk to the preacher. They can help but you have to initiate it, open up and let them know how you are feeling. They will be able to get through the next two weeks.

Don't ever give up on yourself.

God bless,

Sironside, keep trying. Somebody, somewhere is going to give you the help you need. My prayer for you is that God will open a door for you to get the right kind of help. I know I've been around a lot in these 61 years, and seen all kinds of weirdos as far as the medical profession goes. I have tried acupuncture, hypnotism, Bio-Feedback, all kinds of pain management clinics. As a result you may be blessed not to have gotten into see some of the ones you have tried, but do not give up. God has someone special out there that can actually help you and when you find them the door will open. Just keep knocking, trying, and never, give up.
Here is one of my little guardian angels to watch over you and help cheer you up.
Angels.gif

Listen to Captain Al, sironside. You'll get the help you need and we'll be here for you in the meantime.

On another note: I don't know what this site would do without you, Captain Al. You are an amazing person. You inspire all of us.

Thank you so much.

Everyone on here has been so kind and understanding of me when I have my many ups and downs.

Thanks to all of you for your support over the years.

cajuntexusa

Hi. Please don't forget about the emergency number to call and the fact that you can go to a hospital emergency also.

I wanted to say also, that even though you may only get 6 visits on your insurance, it may well be enough to help you to clarify specific issues and or the type of therapy that may be most helpful. Your assigned therapist can help you with a referal. All therapists and therpies are not the same. I am not sure if you are planning on using the insurance but I would vote you do. Take good care of yourself, get as much sleep and good food as possible and exercise and sunshine and prayer. These things are all mood lifters. Best to you, Peg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back