Sorry, please read from germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had ALS, it would have showed in one of the EMG tests you had and/or in the exams the neurologists did.

Things show up in EMG a long time before a patient feels them.

Many people are told to wait a few months and go back if symptoms do not go away.

It is very hard to understand what your symptoms are.

Yes no one can understand who has not so terrible symptoms like me!

Folks here have had symptoms for months, years and do understand symptoms very, very well. The ' deafness' you speak of sounds like you may mean numbness, which is sensory. The toe issue sounds like cramping or spasms.

It might help if you could find a better translation of your symptoms to English.

ALS normally starts in one area. One hand, one foot, or the bulbar region. Not both legs or both arms at once. Damage is being done early, before you notice, and it usually shows something on the EMG or on the exam by the doctor.

A lot of things cause strange symptoms. ALS can take a long time to diagnose, as so many things must be ruled out first. It's rare in general, and more so in those under 50.

Last edited:
Yes they are really curious symptoms. That make me very hard.

Because the symptoms are with you always only to a point and then spread to the whole body?

For me, yes, the whole body feels, including the face, tongue, ears, scalp, etc. weird. Just as "deaf" but under the skin.
I thought I read that in ALS, the nerves of the peripheral nervous system sensomotrischen be destroyed and so thought my skin strange feeling comes over the whole body?

Unfortunately, here, the doctors do not know enough about ALS and do not want to know after the diagnosis, since you can not do anything anyway.

No, it does not affect the whole body at one time. Ever. Something else is wrong.

It's really complicated. Thank you for your concern. When you feel yourself the rest of your body, which thank God is not affected is normal as always?

I'm already on a new or even rarer disease?

Or my psyche does this to me? Could you imagine that?

I'm really sorry to see how much you're suffering -- I can tell you're truly very upset and concerned. I hope you'll keep working with your doctors on this so they can find out the cause. I don't have ALS and I'm not an expert on it, but you've heard from some people here who really know their stuff, and everyone agrees -- what you're describing doesn't sound a thing like ALS. As to wheter your symptoms are just psychological or not, well, that's not something we can say. But anxiety can definitely have a negative impact on your body, so it's worth addressing. I sincerely hope you and your doctors are able to work this out and give you some peace of mind. All the best. I hope you find comfort and peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back