Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
City
Snohomish
Hi there! First and foremost I have health anxiety. It is hard for me to be reasonable about my health symptoms. I want to respectfully ask if what I’m experiencing I should be concerned. I started having dizziness three months ago. And became extremely anxious and started having full body muscle twitches. I have been to a few drs. Had an mri and ct scan all clear. I had a neuro exam done at the pcp. I have left sided weakness that comes and goes. This has been most my life. I truly do not wish to be disrespectful of those dealing with als. Just don’t know if I’m freaking myself out for no reason. Thank you for your time!

Hello there-

Please make sure to read here: Read Before Posting, as it does address many of the issues that brings people here when they look up twitching online. As you will read, dizziness and intermittent symptoms point away from ALS.

As you do have admitted health anxiety, staying away from Dr Google is probably a good idea. I hope you will be able to work with your doctors to find out what is going on- and perhaps while searching you can also find a proper therapist to help support you.

Take care

Thank you so much for responding! I appreciate your time and agree with your assessment!

No, nothing you mention is ALS. How many terminal illnesses have you thought you had in the past? If it's more than just ALS, you should seek consultation with a professional to help you get past your health anxiety. Please remind yourself before you go to different forums, asking the terminally ill if your innocuous symptoms are disease A, B, or C, you have health anxiety and your symptoms start with you, not a disease.

Good luck to you and all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back