Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
RU
City
Moscow
Howdy, I'm Lex and after the rabies vaccine for three days I developed strange symptoms. At first, weakness began in my knees and it continues to this day of varying degrees of intensity, then fasciculations began throughout my body, mainly in the extremities, the next day nerve pain began and after that no more new symptoms except that my tongue is trembling. Most of the symptoms have become less except for weakness in the knees and sometimes it seems to me that this applies to the hands too.

I read the posts before writing this thread and I understand that most likely I should not worry and not include ALS as a cause, but my anxiety is getting stronger every day and I am very scared that maybe the vaccine has broken something in me and maybe it will become fatal for me while I only 20 and my girlfriend is expecting a baby. I also understand that I need to see a doctor with these questions and tomorrow I will do so, and yet I would be very grateful if I could be helped here to better understand whether the development of the disease is possible in this way and at such a speed.

Thank you very much to everyone who answered or just read this and my heart and prayers are with everyone who has encountered this.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think you have a terminal disease or a reaction to a vaccine, please see your doctor.
You cannot get ALS from any vaccine.

Congratulations on the impending arrival! I am glad you are seeing a doctor who I am sure can reassure you that you do not have ALS. Vaccines and even injections of any kind can have side effects, but you are not broken and it will not be fatal. Remember to care for yourself --eat right, stay hydrated, do your stretches, get exercise -- and share your fears with your girlfriend so she can support you. If you cannot shake the fears on your own, you can seek counseling, but I think you already have the insight that you don't need to worry about ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you all for your answers, I really appreciate it!

And I am even more happy to inform you that I recently returned from a doctor who, by a happy coincidence, has 2 years of experience with this disease and, after examining my muscles and reflexes, gave me a 100% guarantee that it is not ALS.

She confirmed the symptoms that I have, but said that this is a normal response to the vaccine because the immune system reacted too strongly and it should go away in a few months and that I don't need to worry about it. She gave me a referral for a blood test to check the inflammatory process that I may have and a cure for anxiety and neurosis that I really have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back