Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
After looking back on some of the posts I've started, I thought it would be nice to share something positive.

I made my doctor a promise that I would start to do things for myself that I enjoy while I still can.

Today I got a long, luxurious pedicure and manicure. They lasted over three hours.

I booked a massage and facial for next week.

I'm also having the remaining doors in my condo painted bright white and the baseboards, too. It's entirely cosmetic but it's something that will make me smile.

I went through my closets once again and donated many clothes to the homeless.

Some of my relatives are coming for a visit but they are not staying here. That makes me both happy and relieved.

I found a church that a friend and I both like. It's a place where ALL are welcomed and my friend will drive us for the late morning service each Sunday. I still have the drive-in church for backup.

Lots of little things that made this week good. Plus I really kicked that virus' A$$ in about five days. I refused steroids and treated it, after a negative throat culture, with chicken soup!

Last, but certainly not least, my anal fissure healed. The doctor said it never would (without surgery) but, with the bidet and some common sense in what I ate and took, it did.

Kim, that is a lot of positivity, keep it up! And you are a great role model for the procrastinators among us.

Best,
Laurie

Wonderful Kim - lots of positives, hold onto em!

Good for you!!

That's awesome Kim! I so admire your positivity and strength. You go girl!

Awesome work, Kim! Keep on adding smile-inducing things to your list. ��

Tania

Kim that is so fantastic! I love everything you did for you this week. What a blessing.

The power of good food. :)

Hugs

I've taken more than one friend for their first pedicure. Good for you!

I've convinced my housemate to get a pedicure. I'm not sure why I stopped getting them but, this time, I even got gel nails on both hands and feet. The lady who does facials includes 1/2 hour neck and head massage. She also puts warm boots on your hands and feet and massages them while the mask is on. She is totally hands on the whole 90 minutes.

I decided to do this every month that I still can. After that I'll have a massage therapist come to the house.

I've spent my whole life thinking I had to rescue everyone else. That isn't healthy and created more than one co-dependency and I enabled bad behavior in bailing friends out of financial trouble. I finally realized that I didn't have to give up empathy, compassion, and generosity to take care of myself.

Sounds heavenly. And so much YES to loving yourself!

That's so fantastic, Kim. Love yourself, take care of yourself and pamper yourself silly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back