Something New In Stem Cell Research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TBear. I went to the site and there wasn't much there except the offer to purchase an unknown article for $30. It's Groundhog Day not April Fool's.
Al.

My apologies to Al(l):

I got this as a pdf file and haven't figured out how to attach it. The journal is called Nature and is Volume 435 the date is June 16, 2005. The article outlines progress in stem cell research and potential applications to ALS patients. In a nut shell, it says that , while the potential exists to eventually replenish damaged neurons, it will take awhile, but... it appears as if they can be used (they claim in the very near future) to prevent further damage and diminish the progression of the illness.
Again sorry for the techniocal shortfall. Try Googling Nature magazine and searching for the author (Zandonella).

CHeers

T.

stem cell scam ($30 for bs)

be careful, the $30 is a stem cell scamm ! I now know from this forum that anything and anyone even mentioning stem cells is a scam artist operating out of a dingy country.

sorry, I shouldnt joke. The article costs 30 bucks cause its from a famous scientific journal. Nature. Nature is the most prestigious journal.

I just paid the $30 and got ripped off (seriously) its like a 2 page article talking crap...if anyone wants it, email me [email protected] and i'll email it to you so that you dont need to wast $30 on bs.....here is the reference........

Access
To read this story in full you will need to login or make a payment (see right).

Journal home > Archive > News Feature > Full Text
News Feature
Nature 435, 877-878 (16 June 2005) | doi:10.1038/435877a; Published online 15 June 2005

Article Tools
Send to a friend
Export citation
Export references
Rights and permissions
Order commercial reprints
Bookmark in Connotea
Stem-cell therapies: The first wave
Catherine Zandonella1

Catherine Zandonella is a freelance writer in Princeton, New Jersey.
Top of pageAbstractTreatments that use stem cells to replace damaged or diseased tissues are thought to lie many years away. But the cells might find other clinical applications in the near future, says Catherine Zandonella.

When patients with the paralysing illness amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) call Jennifer Brand to ask when stem-cell therapies will be available, she has a stock answer. Brand, who is director of patient services for the California-based ALS Association, says that stem-cell research is still in its infancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back