Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
US
State
Ill
City
Chicago
My Symtoms Began March Of 2005 Stiffness In Left Leg Followed In 3 Month With Fasiculations With Some Atrophy It Spread To Left Tricep And Hand And Forarm Then To Left Foot By Dec 2005 Muscle Weakness Set In My Lower And Upper Body.i've Had 3 Emg's At Local Mda Clinic. First Two Were Inconclusive.nero Called Me In For Appointment To Disscuss This Emg.other Two I Was Not Called In For. I Have Shown Clinial Signs For Als. Been On Baclofen For 7 Months And It Has Help With The Severe Riggidity.i'm Still Walking For Short! Distences I Tire Easy. Can Still Drive.the Mda Clinic Is Perplexed With My Case.they Know Its Neromuscular .but Are Reluctent To Call It Als.my Special Meeting With Neuro Is In Two Weeks. 2 Assitences Said If It Is Als I'm Probaly One Of The 10 Percent With Slow Progession.how Would All Of You Experts! Out There Respond To My Situation.keep In Mind The Last 5 Months The Left Side Started. I Get A Foot Brace Next Wendsday. God Bless All Of You In This Army

well sean....welcome and were sorry your here, but we'll be here for you and support you 100%

The thing is, that you fit right in with us. Almost alot of something is messing you up, but the doctors are puzzled. We know the ropes. You should request a muscle biopsy if there are not clear answers. It does hurt, but will give you a clear picture of what's happening with the muscle.

I get my results July 23, and several others here are close to diagnosed day, whatever it is.

hang in there, live with whatever you got! Don't let it live you.

How old are you, where are you from..any kids?

rgds,

jamie

I'm 45 Years Old And Married ,i Should Also Specify I Have Moderate Swallow Ing Problems But They Have Been Stable The Last Year. And Also Moderate Cramping Of Muscles.but I Should Know Something July 24 Scince This Is Aout Of Normal Vist .let You And Others Know The Results

Hi Sean and welcome. If it must be ALS then let's hope you are one of the 10% with a slow-moving variety. Cindy

Welcome Sean and good luck with the appointment.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back