Diagnosis
01/2019
Country
UK
State
SC
City
Edinburgh
Hi all! In 2019 we’ve been on a crazy journey from mild shoulder pain to no limb movement and full 24/7 Trilogy use. With a diagnosis on 4 January and several months of rapid progression, it’s fair to say this year has mainly been too much to handle. Both my PALS and I have birthdays coming up: in fact, we have them on consecutive days. It’s the first one post diagnosis so I’m struggling to think what could still be meaningful/fun/useful etc. Nice toiletries are sorted, though for bed bath rather than the shower. Tasty food to eat at home, though the mask makes that a little trickier. Perhaps an audiobook or something? How do you adapt to the lack of mobility but choose something entertaining? Any suggestions from other CALS whose PALS have enjoyed something from either the bed or recliner? Thanks very much in advance.

A fish tank project you can design together and then set up and enjoy to watch the tank together?

I'm sorry to hear of your PALS' rapid progression. We've had a thread on this recently--and I would add to it for this occasion, if you can put together a group video call, that might be appreciated as well.

A masseuse engaged for massage in the recliner, though I am sure you do that on your own, is another thought, even something else fun in your home -- live music, a visit from someone's pet, decorating your outdoor/indoor space, etc. Wishing you both joy on your birthdays.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks to both of you for engaging with this slightly random thread. A fish tank sounds fun, though I would wonder about my cats...we do also have a masseuse come once every two weeks for an in-bed massage and reiki session. Live music and/or some indoor activity sounds like an interesting proposition though. I’ll follow that train of thought...

My daughter came up with one for my husband that I still love--a digital picture frame that pictures can be emailed directly to. Everyone has access to it through an app, and new pictures just pop up there from time to time.

The digital picture frame is an excellent idea! I had never heard of that before, not with the email/app function. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back