Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been on too much lately, but what is this I see about calling your congressperson to help speed things up? His application has been turned in since February. He called to check the status AGAIN Monday and they told him a decision had been made but it was given to their medical board to make sure they made the right decision and that we should hear by JUNE! I don't get this at all?

DH is working part time (12.5 hours a week) teaching classes at a community college. This month is his last check from his severance package... we need to know if he was approved or if we need to appeal a denial, and fast!

Thanks!

I would call either your us rep./ congressman's office or us senator's office, tell them what you have been told. They are aware of the TERI law. It is my understanding with a diagnosed of als, you are eligible for SS (either SSDI or SSI) and I think with SSDI you also recieve Medicare.

They were a big help to us, as I could not get a straight answer out of anyone with the local ss office...

Good Luck...............................

ssdi

It is really sickening when you have to fight for everything...... It angers me so much when i see people who do not do for themselves get health care, free child care, HUD, food stamps etc.... Here your husband is fighting for his life and you have to fight for his basic American rights....... Aughhhhhhhhhhhhhh Well i had to get that out and i hope the process speeds up, keep calling them and maybe they will hurry it up to get you off their backs! Best Wishes, Sam

We finally received the letter today from SSA. It will start July 1st, along with Medicare and we will receive the first check in August.

My husband was diagnosed in March, 08. So there is a waiting period for it all to start.

I sincerely do not think we would not have gotten the approval this fast without the help of the Senator's office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back