Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Victoria
Over the past 3 weeks or so there have been some unusual things going on.

One, my muscles are acting too quickly. I play foosball at work, and my shots are all missing because I hit too early. When I try to catch something, my hand usually clenches early.. I was good at both of these things before.

My arms and legs are getting a little weaker, but my left arm much faster than the others. Also, I've been having muscle twitches inside my left elbow, and recently in my left calf. When lifting something average weight, like a 12 pack of soda, my muscles quickly start quivering. My legs quiver sometimes under load, too.

When trying to sleep, most positions make it difficult to swallow. My neck feels constrained, and even when sitting, swallowing feels like it's pushing my adams apple around too much.

I seem to drool a lot. Even today I accidentally drooled at work.

I have stomach issues, but I've had those for years. The past week, though, has been different. Random pains and tenderness in my lower stomach, trouble digesting and going to the toilet, etc. This one I've had several examinations for with no explanation.

Finally, my speech lately has been problematic, but it comes and goes. I'll struggle to get words out or speak clearly.

I'm a 23 year old white male with no family history of ALS.

Should I be getting tested for ALS? If not, any suggestions on what else it might be?

Should you be tested for ALS based on what you've told us? Nope.

Please read the sticky note at the top of this forum titled "New Members: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!"

Most of your questions will be answered there. If they're not answered, then ask here.

:^)

Another thing I just noticed was that my left arm muscle is about 30% smaller than my right arm muscle.

All of your questions can be answered by reading the stickies. What you have is feeling not failing. As far as what else it might be, we are not doctors. We are people who have an intimate knowledge of ALS which you don't have.
Vincent

Your symptoms are all over the place. In ALS it doesn't start that way. Much of what you speak of is not ALS; pain, tenderness, stomach issues, digestion and toilet problems. "Feeling" weaker is not ALS. Speech problems that come and go, not ALS. Nothing in ALS comes and goes, it is a progressive disease. And you're 23. Almost unheard of at your age. Please read the stickies, it will answer all your questions and reassure you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back