Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Us
State
La
City
New Orleans
Is there a perceived weakness before clinical weakness? Or does it just shut off like a light?does atrophy occur due to lack or moving the muscle or does this disease cause atrophy while you're still able to use that muscle? Does the twitching occur before the weakness or after? Right now I got alot of feeling but no failing, I feel some weakness and I can't tell the difference between nerve pain and cramps. Not alot of twitching at this point. Just random all over places. I looked at alot of stories and everyone's is different. For some clinical weakness occurred after cramps for some it was the first sign. Is there any consistency in this devil made disease?

I don't think it's constructive to answer in the abstract. As you have noted, "feeling" weakness is a far cry from being unable to do something you were previously able to do. If you have concerns, your primary care doc can test your strength/assess for any atrophy, but there are many more non-ALS reasons for both, than cases of ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back