Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
Edinburg
I've been creeping for a few months now trying to decide if I should post. First i'd like to start with how much I appreciate everyone's knowledge on the subject, and how I wish I would've found this site earlier. There's a lot of good tips in the " read before posting" stickies that I wish I would've known about.

I've recently had some strange symptoms for about four months on my left hand, sometimes visible on my right. Whenever I'm pulling on a door hand with my left hand my arm starts to tremble like if it's not strong enough, but still able to push and pull.. just an odd feeling. My right hand doesn't do this as much but I can tell it's slightly shaking at times. I also see this trembling when reaching out for an object mostly with my left hand, my right hand does this only very slightly. This started happening out of the blue about four months ago, like I previously stated. My thumbs, pointer fingers and palms started twitching a bit on both of my hands a few times a day. About two months ago I also started getting muscle spasms all over my body. As of a week ago or so, I stopped getting them constantly and only get them once in a while in random spots. For about three days i did have them constantly at around my left butt cheek.

My arms feel very sore all the time. I can't sleep on them, or have my fiance lay her head on my arms to cuddle. During this same time my ears have developed some tinnitus, and I've been off balance/dizzy. I also feel random vibrations within my legs, back and soles of my feet. I usually feel these when I'm sitting or trying to relax while I go to sleep.

So far, I've seen two different Neurologists. I sought out a second opinion due to the first being a bit dismissive about things. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be diagnosed with anything, it's just sometimes you feel like something isn't quite right. I've never been to so many doctor visits in my entire life.

The second neuro dressed me in a gown and inspected my arms, hands and feet after explaining to her what i've been experiencing. She also made me walk around the room on my heels and tip toe around the room. Both of these neurologists came to the conclusion that nothing was wrong with me. Both of them did notice my anxiety, and offered some medication.

I know I have these two experts telling me I'm fine, but I just can't shake that feeling. Especially with my left hand shaking, and arm soreness. I was able to get the second doctor to schedule me for an EMG test for my arms/legs, but that's till the end of may. I'll have my answer at the end of my with my results I guess.

Many thanks to anyone taking their time to read this.

Hi there- please read here: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

It addresses such things as numbness, tingling, buzzing, tinnitus, vibrations, etc- not part of the constellation of symptoms associated with ALS. Your best bet is to wait to see your neuro at the end of May, as they might have a better idea of what might be the cause- all those sensory issues are not motor control related, so not ALS related.

Best of luck

Hi
As you have already read the "read before posting" document, you know it already addressed everything you wrote about, and 2 neurologists have cleared you. You haven't asked anything either so you know you don't have ALS.
Sure something is going on, but you know already it isn't this - please if you need to talk about this, join a facebook group for people seeking diagnosis that want to support each other.
By lurking here for some time you know we can't do that for you.

I truly wish you all the best, you don't belong here for any reason whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back