Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Windsor
Good Morning, just had some thoughts on my mind. One of them is taking pills, with water.......I say thank GOD for t-shirts.......they r also great if a sneeze sneaks up on u ...........thank GOD for t-shirts..........Maybe I should enter a wet t-shirt contest.......I would win hands down, quaranteed..........LOL.............I also have a wicked cold at the time being.........thank God for kleenex...... two boxes yesterday with the sneezing and stuff. But all in all.........I'm adapting with this disease..........day by day.......keeping the faith........and always trying to find the humourous side ............I believe that is important .......just reach down deep and u will find that inner strength......just keep fighting ..............HAVE A NICE DAY.............I will...........college football all day.

Thanks Irish

Thanks Irish, inspiring message. You are right. keep humour in everyday, not much else we can do eh? ( from Canada)

My Friend was extremely STRONG today and I am so proud of her. She was amazing and sometimes, you just don't know all of the strength you have inside until you are in a situation when you need it.

Barb :)

Some Days...

Hi Irish & Barb...thanks for the encouragement. I'm new to this site...this is my first post, and I'm not sure I'll do it right. Hope so. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and get to know some of y'all. My husband is recently diagnosed with ALS and we are learning to cope. He lost his brother to ALS only 6 months ago and had no idea he had it too. Sudden limb onset in April, and it's been doctors and tests ever since. But y'all know all about that, right? We watched college football all day today, too! We are Texas Longhorns fans, so we really enjoyed our primary game, then of course he watched many others I didn't care so much about...that's when I whip out the Sudoku puzzles. They keep me occupied and in the same room with him...much better than surfing the web cause the computer is in a different room. I'm his caregiver, and he is needing more assistance, but I try to let him do as much as possible. He's barely out of the denial stage, so I'm trying to give him time to adjust. Plus, I'm afraid I may have torn my rotator cuff while trying to help him out of chairs, etc., and now he won't let me help him up. We are waiting on a lift chair which will help immensely...I'm just not sure how long he will be able to walk, but I haven't said anything to him about that yet...trying to keep his spirits up.

Well thanks for listening...hope to get to know you better and talk more often...it helps, doesn't it? God bless...

Pollyanna

Hi Pollyanna. You will find that is easier to talk here than anywhere else because we are all dealing with the same thing here. If you are not living it it is not easy to understand how we feel. Family and friends are a great support group but I've found it is easier to ask questions and have them answered here. Sorry you have to be here but welcome and glad you found us. AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back