Diagnosis
7/2008
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Anytown
In the spirit of fun and Halloween, I wanted to share some photos. It seems like a few from the forum are in it. (for you cat lovers out there, I didn't have much luck coming up with pictures. It might have something to do with cats being independent and not wanting to dress for Halloween?) Feel free to assign names as you feel are fitting.

https://www.alsforums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=51

:cool: BOO !

Rose,

I got a chuckle out of the pooch in the Darth Vader costume!:-D

Zaphoon

Rose those are soooo cute lol.

Those are darling! But no self-respecting cat (are there any other kind?) would put up with that, unless it came with a can of tuna. :)

Beth, I know! Speaking of tuna, I finally discovered a way to get the cat to take his allergy pills (he has seasonal allergies) I pulverize it and put it in a little tuna. The pill pockets work great for about two days each year, until he bites into one, then from there out, he'll strain the pill out and eat the "pocket". I was ready to find a vet that makes house calls to give him shots if necessary, and then my son said to try the tuna. I thought he'd still detect it in there, but nope. ;)

He hasn't snored, or been shaking his head, or licking where he usually itches for a couple of days now. A can of tuna is much cheaper than a vet visit . :)

ps, my favorite is the airplane dog!

I have to remember the tuna trick! I didn't think it was humanly possible to give a cat a pill. :)

...especially a 20 pounder :cool:

Rose

That was fun and very cute, I am a r eal dog person, love the pilot also.

RENEE

Rose, giving a cat a pill is actually easy. (for me anyway) I used to be a veterinary technician. The hard part is dragging them out from under the bed once they figure out what's going on! lol

Hi Rose...I just would like to know how you are getting the adorable pets to stay put long enough to dress them up? My favorite is split between french maid (looks like a cross dresser) and the fireman.

Trick or trick! :smile:

Lovelily, I didn't take the pictures, a friend emailed them to me....

I will go and add my one and only attempt at dressing Phoenix in reindeer antlers one Christmas. You can see how successful I was... (and yes, he has a cauliflower ear. It gives him character.)

If the French maid dog was just a little more girlie it could be me, cleaning house like crazy the other night :)

Linda, yes, cats that don't want to be retrieved, usually aren't. ... dogs have so much more of a conscience when it comes to pleasing us. I remember one time when my younger son came in, all tired and achy from a hockey game, and he started running bath water (for himself) and our golden retriever always tried to hide when he knew it was bath time. So this one night, he looks in the bathroom, sees the tub filling, gives this HUGE "I give up" sigh, and gets in the tub! It was hysterical. He was just standing in there looking miserable, when Justin came back in to have a nice hot soak, :cool:

Hi Rose....If you hadn't told me, I would have been none the wiser. ;) I hope you enjoy your weekend, and are free from any more episodes...at least for a long while!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back