Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
GA
City
Villa Rica
Hi all, I've been having some issues and I'm terrified.. It started about 3 mos ago, noticed twitching in my eye then in my chest, about a month ago I noticed that my right foot and two fingers on my right hand felt "off" my foot felt heavy.. Then twitching started all over my body constantly. Now it's mainly in my right calf and thigh. I feel weak in that right leg and do have pain in it. I feel like my fingers have improved some, my thumb feels tight at times tho. My arms also feel heavy and sore. I also have pain and tingling in my right leg. I'm just concerned because it feels heavy and shakes a lot. I've had multiple blood tests and it's not electrolytes or anything like that. I'm so scared this could be ALS.

Hi I'm back again, i was wondering if ALS can start in a hand and leg at the same time? My right leg is feeling heavy and my right hand is heavy as well. I have constant twitching all over my body and my tounge.. The twitches are mainly in my right calf tho

Hi

The important post read before posting at the top of this subforum should reassure you. Twitches are meaningless and sensory symptoms heaviness tingling pain etc point away from als.

And to answer your question ALS starts in one area and spreads. It doesn’t present with symptoms in multiple areas. Keep working with your doctor but your answer is not here

Hi I'm back again.. I go to a nero on Tuesday, but I'm terrified.. My right leg still feels "off" and I'm noticing my shoe feels looser, my two right ring and pinky fingers feel like they are not moving correctly and my thumb feels very tight. My twitching is mainly in my right calf but I also get them when I "engage" other muscles.. Its very odd. I'm so nervous this could be als symptoms. My toes on my right foot also seem to move slower then the left, my finger speed seems a lot slower then it used to be. I havent fell or anything but I have noticed my hip on my right side hurts a lot.. Could this be from me walking different? I am so sorry for wasting y'alls time but I don't have anyone to talk to about it.

I also forgot to add that my right eyelid is kinda droopy, it's like my undereye is tight or something.. Like i can't close my eye right

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi- there's not much the folk here can do to reassure you except repeat that sensory issues point away from ALS, as Nikki has stated above. Eye twitching, droopiness/tightness are not signatures of ALS.

Please refer again to the https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html thread. Your doctor's appointment is in a few days and you will be able to point out to the neurologist what places are affected and ask them about your concerns. They will also conduct a full neuro exam and be able to see if any of your symptoms are neurological in nature. At this point, it's all speculation based on online research and anxiety about some very nonspecific sensations and twitches.

Thank you so much. I'll post after my nero exam, if anyone is religious will you please pray for me as I'm only 32 and a mother of three and scared to death. Thank you so much <3

Pray hard to your God that you BELIEVE what the Neuro tells you so you can
let go of ALS.

You'll be fine if... you believe and trust.

Just a reminder -- let's keep religious expression in the Religion section, please.

I don't think you have ALS, but if your eyelid is affected, it could relate to several treatable issues that the neuro will be able to help with.

Best,
Laurie

I went to my nero and told him my symptoms and he said "it's all anxiety" and didn't even look at my body or do any kind of strength test or anything at all.. I find this super odd.. I don't know what to do know because my symptoms are very real to me. I can't go to a different neurologist because of my insurance. I'm so discouraged.. I asked him to do an EMG and he refused.

Believe your neurologist. They can get the information they need to make an assessment often very quickly just by watching you move, shaking your hand, etc.

On top of that, your history was not worrisome to him (nor is it to us).

Anxiety can present with very real physical symptoms. But that’s not the same as ALS. The good news is you don’t need to be here. Please seek help for your anxiety.

Thank you very much Karen <3

Hi, I'm back again and I'm so sorry to bother everyone, but I have a quick question.. My right leg (the one that feels heavy) is starting to swell at times.. Is this a common ALS onset symptom?

No. Please go back to your doctor. This is a symptom that indicates entirely different issues- from very minor to something that may need treatment. But this forum is not the place to keep returning to ask about whatever comes up for you- best of luck and leave this forum behind.

So, I had a brain MRI that came back all normal.. It's getting hard to lift my right leg and when I walk the calf muscle gets so tight and I stumble while walking almost constantly.. My right hand and fingers are tight and pretty useless at this point and my weakness has started to move up my arm. My primary says she can see muscle wasting in my right hand. All of this is just so unreal to me. All these symptoms in 3 mos. I'm having more testing done but don't see anything else this could possibly be.

You’re in the process of being evaluated, so it’s important to hang in there until the evaluation is completed. Meanwhile you saw a neurologist who wasn’t concerned about ALS, so it would be best for your mental health to take ALS off the table.

It may not even be a neurological condition. Keep working with your doctors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back