Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much. It's very difficult when I feel like my body is slowly not working right, that with the twitching has me constantly in a panic. I know there is nothing I can do to stop whatever it may be, but still.. This is the most frightening thing I've ever gone through.

Mhinz, you wrote this...

"I went to my neuro and told him my symptoms and he said "it's all anxiety"

"I asked him to do an EMG and he refused.'

*No one here is going to over rule your Neuro.

*No one here can help you with your considerable health anxiety.

*No one here is going suggest that you may have ALS in any way or manner.

Your thread has rambled onto a second page because you refuse to
listen/comprehend what extremely knowledgeable members have replied
to you.

No need to reply. No need to post any new symptoms. Let ALS go.

Last edited:
You're absolutely right, my nero did say that.. But he also didn't do ANY reflex testing, strength tests, nothing. I'm in the process of trying to find a new one. When you go to the doctor for a heart problem do they just "look" at you and say "no way!" Absolutely not. They test you... I am very aware of my anxiety, I was just asking questions about my symptoms. I appreciate your time and answers to my questions.

Comparing a cardiologist's testing to that of a neurologist's testing is like comparing apples and oranges. A neurologist can tell just from the way you walk and hold yourself if something neurological is going on.

The brain makes our bodies react in interesting ways when there is a neurological issue at hand. So, to reply to what you just wrote, you were tested the minute you walked through the door and were told "no ALS".

Celebrate that, don't go chasing it.

Best of luck to you and take good care.

Mhinz, when you told your Neurologist of your symptoms, as you have written
in your first three posts here... he/she knew your symptoms were not ALS
related immediately... as you have been told here and as you have read in the
Stickie/Important header at the top of the page.

Neurologists also have secrets... they watch how you walk in the room, sit in the
chair, get out of the chair, do you cross your legs, what you do with your hands
during the visit and other observations you are not aware of. Anxiety also has
physical signs a Neurologist is trained to observe and recognize.

Again, from the symptoms you told him/her (per this thread) he/she knew you
did not have ALS or the need for an EMG.

You do not have ALS... let it go.

Last edited:
So I went to another neroligist and got diagnosed with "Conversion disorder" my first neroligist diagnosed me with the same thing.. Apparently anxiety can manifest into ALS symptoms when you're worried and actually believing that's what you have. My symptoms are still there and very real, but according to two neroligist, it's all from my anxiety and fear over ALS.. Hopefully this helps someone.

Thank you for coming back to let folks know. Conversion disorder is a life affecting and very real condition. I hope you will be getting the appropriate treatment from your care providers and will start seeing some improvement soon.

Best wishes and take care of yourself.

I went to my follow up with my neroligist and he has referred me to Emory ALS clinic. He hasn't done an EMG on me.. Says it needs to be done there. I'm so scared. He said that my symptoms need to be investigated further.

While I'm waiting on my appointment at Emory, I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to stabilize my ankle.. It feels like it's going to snap lately.. It's getting increasing harder to move my foot forward (like when I'm driving) I also have been feeling a tightness in my throat and chest.. It spasms a lot throughout the day and feels like it's just skin stretched over bone. It's extremely terrifying.

Mhinz, There is nothing more anyone here can contribute to your situation.

Posting old symptoms that may have worsened, new symptoms will not get
you much further advice here.

You have an appointment at Emory where they "may" do an EMG.

Until you might have an EMG and if possibly they do an EMG there is no
need to post again UNTIL you can post the EMG report and it's....
Summary.Conclusion.

I see your last post was 12:21 PM and you are still online with the Forum.

Help yourself.... log of the Forum until your appointment at Emory.

Give your anxiety a break... find something else to do until then.

You are absolutely right, Clearwater. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back