Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
GA
City
Powder Springs
Hi, I’m truly sorry to bother everyone. I’m gonna try to keep this short. I’m a 32 year old female, mom to 3. I’ve had health anxiety my entire life, been on Zoloft about 7 years and now it doesn’t seem to help me anymore. This started February 15th. That day I was diagnosed with (and have since recovered from) Bell’s Palsy. That night when I got home from the hospital I had a panic attack before bed and that’s when the twitches started.
Both of my legs and occasionally my arms twitch. Sometimes twitch so hard I can see it. All of my symptoms started after this and I will list them.

- leg twitching in calf and thigh muscles. Mostly the left leg but happens in the other too. Occasionally happens in my arms.
-Had trouble swallowing saliva and pain in throat, so ENT and he didn’t see anything.
-Since the Bell’s Palsy I’ve felt like my tongue is making it hard to talk, like my tongue is shorter or not as flexible as before, this is where I fear bulbar onset. my tongue makes certain words hard to pronounce.
-muscle pain and fatigue. Muscles sometimes feel weak but are not actually weak.
-tingling in feet occasionally.
-painful, stiff joints.
-pain in hands, fingers feel less dexterous.**I just noticed what I think is atrophy on my right hand and I will include a pic. This really has me freaked.**
-if I’m relaxed, occasionally a leg or arm/hand will give a little involuntary jerk.
-a couple of weeks ago I noticed the pinky toe on my left foot doesn’t bend all the way down like the rest. So I have a failure and that also really freaks me out. I could have had it a long time but never really noticed before.

I did see a neurologist a week after my Bells Palsy and I didn’t mention the twitching (only symptom at the time) to him because I wasn’t very worried about it yet. He did a basic neurological exam that was normal at the time. I also had a brain MRI that was normal. But I know ALS can’t be diagnosed that way.

I’m so scared guys. I have three little kids. My youngest is 9 months and still breastfeeding :(

**I will attach the pic of what I think is hand atrophy**

I have a follow up with my neurologist may 18th. But I’m going crazy until then.

1407FEA8-EB66-4421-A408-2476F07F0622.jpeg

Attachments

• CDB64703-9703-48F5-B350-335E1A3AEE2C.jpeg
    CDB64703-9703-48F5-B350-335E1A3AEE2C.jpeg
    867.6 KB · Views: 182
Please read this if you have not already done so

You are not describing ALS and your pictures don’t show atrophy. Not being able to fully bend your pinky toe is not failure. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. Pain points away from ALS. The first sign of bulbar is usually slurred speech that others notice.

It’s a good sign that the neurologist and the ENT didn’t find much going on (other than Bell’s palsy which can affect the facial muscles).

So you’re in the wrong place here. Please get help for your anxiety.

Thank you. I’m very sorry. I absolutely need help for my anxiety.

I'm so very sorry that you are worried. I can only say, what you have described is not ALS. Judging from what you've written, I would absolutely follow up with your PCP regarding anxiety medication, but put your mind at ease regarding anything related to ALS. Enjoy your children. God bless you.

Thank you so much. I truly appreciate your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back