Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi.
I’m 28 and living from England.
After getting Covid November 2021, I noticed I was constantly twitching of course the first thing google told me was that I had mnd.
A year on I twitch everywhere, a lot in my feet and my lip and spasms, tremor, vibrations but the twitching is constant. Sometimes get weakness in my leg, I have convinced myself I have health anxiety and not mnd, however I’ve just had a brain mri due to migraines I get the letter with results have come back fine with head but found “t1 hypersensitivity in c4 in verterbral body” of course I googled this and first thing that came up was MND, I haven’t slept for two nights why twitching away.
Is this a common finding?
Thanks for reading xx

There is some speculation that widespread T1 hyperintensity, a common finding, can support an ALS dx in some people, but it is not locked down. Also, it sounds like yours is very localized. So possibly you have some damage in that vertebra that might or might not contribute to your migraines and might want to explore PT if your doc agrees.

Constant and widespread twitching argues strongly against ALS. I would look at the electrolytes in your diet and hydration, and your sleep.

As you know, a lot of strange things can happen to your body post-COVID and so if you have any new marked cognitive or physical impairment in the future, you should circle back to your PCP. But twitching is one of those things that your mind can either build up or help you let go. And counseling is always available to help you sort anxiety of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back