So scared...do I have als??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if I've over stepped my boundaries...I only wish the best for those of you who are dealing with this disease..

Regarding the emg. There are many abnormalities that can be found yours does not show ALS or even close as was explained to you

As an anology if you had cbc ( blood count) it could show you were anemic or that you likely had an infection ( and viral and bacterial infections will look different). It could also show something bad like leukemia. The doctor can interpret what they see and knows the difference. Worrying about ALS because of your emg is like worrying about leukemia when your blood shows mild anemia.

If no one is asking if you are drunk you shouldn’t be worrying about your speech. In ALS others generally notice and comment first.

Please go to your doctor and tell them your worries and how it is affecting your life

Thank you for your help I'm am seeing a neurologist tomorrow hopefully we will figure something out..

I meant to say...a new neurologist tomorrow

Angela, after you see the neurologist, time to put this all behind you , step away from this forum, and go live your life. Those of us with ALS would love to be in your shoes.

I will I promise...I'm so sorry if I have offended all you kind people who take time to answer those of us who have anxiety over this disease.

Ok so I didn't know this was also motor neurons disease also..so with all the info I e provided could it be that?

Angela, you have a lot of questions that can be directed to your neurologist. ALS is a motor neuron disease. That's its other name: Motor Neuron Disease. The people here really have provided you all the info and assurance they can. Perhaps a neurologist can provide you the reassurance you crave and you will be able to ask them all your questions in person while they examine you and they can explain as they go. Perhaps write a list of all the questions you have asked here to bring with you.

Well im going to the neurologist today anything I should ask?? If so what do you recommend?

Ask what is wrong with me? Don’t ask do I have ALS because the answer is going to be no
Also after you get an answer to above have them explain why and why it isn’t ALS and about your emg

Ana test results was positive...1-160 %

Angela, you were asked not to post every little symptom you had and not to post further unless you have a diagnosis of ALS, which you don't and will not. Your disregard of this request, as well as disrespect, runs deep. Take further queries to your doctor going forward. You do not need to be here.

Good luck to you.

Actually I don't remember being asked none of that...and I do not believe I'm I'm causing harm to anyone by asking opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back