Reason
Loved one DX
Country
uk
State
england
City
leicester
:(:roll:hi my name is clare and myuncle was dig with als 3months ago and i think this forum is brill for information and sharing ur problems i would like ur opinion on this we are rising money and all my uncle irish friends are in hope to send him south africa to watch the cricket but i am starting to think would it be best to save this money for eqipment wheel chair etc i have gathered more information off this forum then any doctor in engalnd so thanks u for that my uncles daughter michelle is getting married this dec 3rd in hoping her dad can walk her down the isle i pray this will happen i also would like to know if anyone take cannbis with als as i have herd it relaxes ur muscles and does drinking beer do any harm sorry if i am going on but i just cant beleive this is happening to us take care and godbless :(

Clare, as far as beer is concerned there is no problems as long there are no other medicine conflicts. I have the occasional beer through my PEG feeding tube just for the calories and just to say that I can. What you do with the money raised for your uncle is up to you but you might want to check out what loaners may be available to him and determine how much and what he actually has to pay for himself. Coverages differ widely between countries and even between states and provinces so others in the UK can help you more. I would say that if he wants to go to SA for the cricket and there is any way to do it then he should while he can. Walking or wheeling his daughter down the aisle either way he should be there.

Dear Clare,
My husband is in the "probably ALS" diagnosis category, and we've been debating similar issues about how best to use the resources we have. While we don't understand this disease, or "why us"...it has given us a blessing-we are much more focused on celebrating the moments and not taking any time for granted. So...make sure your uncle is there to walk or wheel his daughter down the aisle, let him have a beer (as long as it won't mess with his medications) and go with his mates to watch cricket. Help him to enjoy the moments with those he loves and love him.

Regarding the canabis-I would have an honest conversation with his doctor. I know here in the states there are some that have approved "medical marijuana"-don't know what the laws are there.

Peace,

Marijuana is commonly used to relieve pain and build body mass. If you think this might help, I say go for it. However, a lot of people get into really deep thought when under the influence. I just hope they're ready to think so critically over his situation, as that might end up happening. Especially if it's his first time doing it, there's no telling what his view on things will be after his session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back