So my brain still thinks WE are still Superman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhettinger

Distinguished member
Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
4/2016
Country
US
State
GA
City
Roswell
I was diagnosed in APR 2019, Symptoms since 2013 (no one would listen). I was still running 15 miles a week, once a month with a 80 pound rucksack. One day with ruck 3 miles out, I collapsed. Staggered back to my car dragging ruck. I demanded from my pcp a neurologist. He said we did that, and 5 MRIs. Same neurologist said, he did not know, referred me to an old school neurologist … he listened, reviewed my test and he said the three letters We all fear...IRS. He said ALS really.

Fast forward 3.5 years, I walk with a rollator, my wife scrubs me down. Terrible table manners and sometimes words meant to stay in my thoughts jump out of my mouth.

So explain to me why it does NOT affecting my dreams. Sometimes I get out of the chair and just walk to the bathroom without rollator. Huh? Anyone similar ?

I've dreamed I'm still running on the beach. I do hope these dreams continue.

Yes, I’m more able-bodied in my dreams than in waking life. It sucks when the dreams are better than the reality.

Me too! Lots of running, walking and activity...:cry:
Why? Makes me not want to wake up. Is this how God is preparing me?

I love those dreams!

Refuge from the limitless chaos

I now get to enjoy long, slow walks in the rain. Running just isn't happening anymore. I still dream i'm bombing through the woods on a pair of racing skis. It's a real let down waking up.
Vincent

When I can't sleep, I visualize my favorite running trails and golf courses. I find that it brings me peace because otherwise I'll never see them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back