Not open for further replies.

gilly

Country
US
State
NY
City
New York City
hi everyone. i have not been on the forum in quite some time. i was trying to separate myself from ALS for a little while. i found that i dove in so fast and so full on that i was becoming obsessed with helping my aunt and lost all grounding in my own life. anyway, i am still VERY much involved with my aunt but have realized i can't stop this disease. i can only be there for my aunt... which i am. every single day. she's doing ok.

i formed a team for the ALS walk on long island in september. my team raised $3000! i was so proud!

and i wanted to ask if anyone has seen / heard of "so much so fast". it's a documentary by a young man and his brother. the young man has ALS at the age of 29 and his brother drops everything in his life to dedicate all his time, money and energy to finding a cure. it's a really nice film and very touching. it's also so relatable to everything we talk about on this forum. i hope you have a chance to check it out. but if you don't want to know too much about the disease, i would skip it. anyway, just sharing. i saw it in nyc, where i live. i don't know where it's playing in other parts of the world?

lots of love...
nicole

Hi Nicole. The film hasn't hit theaters in Canada yet as far as I know. It's been talked about on various forums and websites so I would think we'll get it eventually. As a caregiver/helper it is important to take time for yourself. Burnout comes on very easily and you don't realize it until it's too late.
Great news that you got involved in the Walk and did so well. Keep up the good work. AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back