Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Kim, I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. If you don't mind the terrible trip driving down to Miami, I would highly recommend Dr Michael Benatar at the Miller School of Medicine. He is an ALS expert and very caring.

I settled for Michael Pulley at Shands ALS Clinic in Jacksonville. It was between that and Mayo in Jacksonville. My primary and ENT are at Mayo but Dr. Pulley has given me more one-on-one attention than I got at Mayo. He did all his own EMGs and exams. He explained things. He took time to read all the research I had done and comment on it. His nurse is compassionate. It's about the same distance as Mayo (2 hours or less on a good traffic day). Miami would be a 6 hour drive, given the traffic and I have to have a driver. So far, a wonderful angel of a friend has taken me to all my appointments. She was my boss when I first started teaching at the college and has been so helpful to me. I have another friend who has started massaging my legs. He was a licensed massage therapist for years and also worked at the college. He has given me much compassionate support in many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back