smiling widow...kabam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new puppy is adorable!! I hope he brings much joy for you and Julien, which you both so deserve.

Sharon

I have found I need something to love and care for....kind of ironic but I dont know how to do anything different. Julien is done with my house projects.

Starting to remember what it was like with a newborn. Julien put Cuddles in bed with me in his crate because he was making too much noise and Julien wanted to sleep. Going to have to talk to that boy!!!

Then Julien will complain that Cuddles seems to stick with you rather than him ... he does need to learn that raising a puppy is quite a job, but worth it once they grow up!

Steph, it's been a long time since I've been on the forum-(part of my moving on with the healing) but have been thinking about you a lot. So glad to see you and Julien are opening new doors and having some fun experiences! Steve is smiling to see his loved ones "okay". I came home from Florida to our huge beech tree having blown down. Joe loved this tree- and we had to build our house around it!!! Anyhow, know Joe was guiding it down, as it fell straight into the woods instead of destroying the house, as it should have done the way it was leaning. There are still many times when I know he is taking care of me! Hugs to you both, dear lady.

Thanks Donna.�� I think about you, too. Those of us who are past Cals are in a rather unique club.....same disease with potential for very different paths.

I, too, find myself on this site less. As you said, more of a moving on kind of thing and not wanting to feel the heartache. A selfie to brighten the day

Why do my pics never come out in the right rotation? Perfectly fine on the screen and I upload they aee sideways or upside down!!!

Attachments

• 20160520_183657.jpg
    20160520_183657.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 132
He got his first bath tonight!

Attachments

• 20160520_183635.jpg
    20160520_183635.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 126
Steph--I am glad you are a smiling widow. I am too. It doesn't change the loss or the sadness--but we faced more than what most people can process and deserve to smile now. our men are free

Barbie, you hit the nail on the head. We have choices, don't we? And I choose to celebrate life now, and remember the good times without ALS when my guy was healthy and active. But those tears do fall at unexpected moments! Love hearing that my sisters in this club are doing okay! Steph, the puppy is adorable!

I have found I need something to love and care for....kind of ironic but I dont know how to do anything different. Julien is done with my house projects.

Starting to remember what it was like with a newborn. Julien put Cuddles in bed with me in his crate because he was making too much noise and Julien wanted to sleep. Going to have to talk to that boy!!!

We got a cat. I felt a need, surprisingly strong, to take care of something too.
She's so sweet. She is already following all the rules. :D

I completely understand.
Jen

Steph,
So glad you could smile and I totally related. I try to stay in the happier memories. Love the puppy and that Julian has a cuddles to love!
I find when I go away I miss my cat and dog like crazy!

Glad to see my favorite ladies (well sorta) on the thread!

Sherry

I'll just note for Steph that the puppy didn't work out with Julien but that's in another thread ....

How are you doing Steph?

I know many of us think of you often xxxx

Doing okay....actually better than I expected to be at this point. Julien and I just took a big trip with my brother. It was a great head clearing kind of thing

Thank you for this thread. I would love to see my cals and all cals smiling and celebrating as soon as possible. Y'all are beautiful.

Inspired,

pat

That's great to hear Steph!

A bit of time away and head clearing would have been great for you both xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back