Diagnosis
09/2012
Country
US
State
wa
City
Tacoma
Wow its amazing how much work it is to take a shower shave and get dressed. By the time Im done with all that I need to sit down catch my breath and rest for a wile.

A guy can get away with facial hair Ryan. But, unfortunately its not the best look for us women. lol Seriously, though my dad complains about the same thing though. You are in my prayers! Kim

The fatigue can be overwhelming!

Change your routine so that you are well rested beforehand and so that you have a rest period afterwards.
If you have BiPap try using it for a half hour before activities that tire you.
Get everything "set up", laid out, well beforehand or the night before.

My husbands says the same thing. While getting dressed, he usually breaks out in a sweat. He's now thinking about a fan for the bathroom. He has also learned to pace himself during the day.

Just thought I would mention this again for the fatigue. My neurologist is prescribed Mestinon, an older drug used in myasthenia gravis. I take half a tablet 3 times a day. It needs to be taken with food. It is generic, and dirt cheap. It has reduced my fatigue by about 60%. I think it's worth every pals asking about it since it's been around forever and the only side effects for the G.I. system. Hope this helps!

I swapped over to an electric razor (after 45 years) and now shave and brush my teeth while sitting. The wife hands me a glass of water and a bowl to spit into. No fatigue over that part. Bathing though....

I hear you.
I no longer shave and shower in the same day.
Shave every couple of days, and alternate showering the other days.

I told my wife when I can no longer shave, I'm getting lasered so it won't grow back. Seriously!

And dressing... what a pain in the arse, most of my clothes are baggier now for easier dressing. I wear alot of jersey knit shirts now.
Not just easier, but oh so soft!

Cheers,
Casey

Good idea about the electric razor Syekick. I am going to ask my dad if he'd like to use one.

My diaphragm muscles are still ok, I just get out of breath and sweaty doing simple things. I am now in a wheel chair any time we go anywhere that needs more than 5 minutes of walking. I need to get a real wheel chair now not just the transfer chair.
I will ask about the medicine next time I see the Dr
Electric razor sounds good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back