Diagnosis
7/2008
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Anytown
I didn't want to resurrect the lengthy thread on the Do I Have ALS forum, but this is just too funny, timing wise to let it go unmentioned! I was watching an old episode of House on the USA channel yesterday.

Some guy has a medical emergency - a suddenly swollen tongue where he can't breathe. (he has gone from romping in bed with his wife, to having blue lips in a matter of seconds) Dr House and his team are running down the list of possible causes, and one of them says paralysis - Bulbar Palsy - and Dr House says ALS - so that gets my attention, and then the girl, is it Cameron or is that the blond guy (?) anyway the girl says, no, it can't be ALS because it would present with facial paralysis before the throat!... toward the end of the show, they're summarizing what all has been ruled out, and they mention ALS, (like it should have ever been a consideration) and as if they had done any tests to rule it out! ... The autoimmune action was in there too, and they kept talking about running the ANA bloodwork, but for some reason weren't doing it. In real life these panels would have been done without discussion, just as a matter of course.

Then we wonder why so many poor scared silly souls end up on the forum.

arrghhhhhh:cool:

hi rose

i thought these shows had to do there homework to be medically accurate,guess not:roll:
off the topic.............when do you go away this week.
i hope you enjoy the camping,take some photo,s i could do with a good laugh :lol:
by the way,sorry to hear about your son that is the kind of worry you dont need right now.
take good care.
caroline:-D

tsk tsk! I'd expect better from Dr.House!
guess it's true: you really can't believe everything you see and read!;)

Oily,

I've been wanting to message you, still will try before I go. We leave tonight, Don gets in late from a working trip, and so we probably won't be to the hotel before 3 am. :-| The appointment is tomorrow at Hopkins. I have the camera packed for the camping trip and the battery even charged! We're taking the Mini convertible, and miraculously, have the tent, air mattress, sleeping bag, fishing gear, jetboil coffee maker ~ you could make tea in it though, Caroline~ marshmallows (I love campfires!) camp chairs with the all important drink holders in armrest, already in the car. We may not have room to bring clothing, but we can camp! Just kidding, no naked canoeing for us :cool:.... I still don't know for certain about my son being deployed. He kept saying he couldn't be, but with the stop loss, I guess it can. No date yet. take care everyone, :smile:

Rose,

Are you turning into a naughty girl on us! First no bra, now no clothes..(LOL).
I wanted to tell you I got a good laugh with the computer boobs, they were great.

Have a great time camping, please don't get arrested for indecent exposure!

I will be praying that your son doesn't get deployed.

Good luck with your appointment at Hopkins.

DH and I both watched this same program on USA (I love House). DH and I were cracking up for the same things you listed. Kind of like CSI I guess, nothing is true to life.

Hi Rose! Have a safe and enjoyable trip! I hope for the best outcome at your appointment! Prayers for you and your family...:smile:

Just an FYI. Hugh Laurie's (House) mother died of MND when he was 29. I wrote to him a few months back to see if I could talk him into advocating for us but to date I haven't heard back.

Once again Jeff- how many times do we have to say it? YOU ROCK!

Hi Rose, i wish i had my own person Dr. House.... A doctor that really wants to figure something out no matter what and all in one visit! Ahhhhh wouldn't that be heavenly..............................and affordable! Hope all is well, Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back