Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
Stroudsburg
Hi everyone, I appreciate your time. I’ll be short and to the point.
Over the past month I have begun experiencing symptoms seemingly linked to ALS. I’ve started having muscle twitches all over my body. I’ve always had twitches on rare occasions but they are definitely more prominent now. I’ve also had trouble swallowing but not on a consistent basis. The final symptom would be muscle weakness. My arms feel weak and my legs feel heavy. Anything I pick up seems heavier than it used to. I’ve also had one foot that is constantly cramping, no foot drop though.
Does any of that seem like it could be early symptoms of ALS? Any responses would be much appreciated, thank you.

Twitching and cramps, feelings of weakness (including occasional swallowing difficulty) and heaviness, are nonspecific symptoms that do not relate to ALS in the absence of functional impairment. ALS is a disease of lost function, not strange feelings.

Even a video visit with your primary care doc can help narrow down the possibilities and reassure you as to ALS. Hydration, diet, and sleep are often keys to alleviating these issues.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for the response Laurie. I actually saw my primary last week and I am waiting to get blood work results back. He didn’t have any idea of what could be happening so that was a little concerning and that’s what led me here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back