PALS
Country
US
State
ca
City
concord
Hi folks,

I have another question about my mom – I need recommendation for sleeping medication. My mom cannot sleep without using a sleeping pill. She was using Ambien for 3 years, but it is no longer working. Recently, doctor prescribed to her another stronger medication (Sequeral?), but it did not help, and actually caused a lot of side effects. At this point, she did not sleep 7 days in a row already, and things are just getting worse. I would like to know, what other sleeping medications people are using with minimum side effects, so I can ask doctor about them.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Jp9 said:
Hi folks,

I have another question about my mom – I need recommendation for sleeping medication. My mom cannot sleep without using a sleeping pill. She was using Ambien for 3 years, but it is no longer working. Recently, doctor prescribed to her another stronger medication (Sequeral?), but it did not help, and actually caused a lot of side effects. At this point, she did not sleep 7 days in a row already, and things are just getting worse. I would like to know, what other sleeping medications people are using with minimum side effects, so I can ask doctor about them.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Hi Joe,

I have a very hard time sleeping too, and I take Trazodone. Start at 100 milligrams, and if that doesn't work, have her try 150 milligrams. It is an antidepressant, but it really is used for sleeping, than for depression.

Conrad

I use xanax .25mg works like a charm Thats very low dose she can take .50 mg I. hear people do well with ambien Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back