Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
US
State
MS
City
Hattiesburg
Hi, this is my first post. After having "symptoms" for over 5 years, I was finally diagnosed with PLS in January, 2008. I had been unable to sleep all night for over 4 years. Extreme pain in insteps of lt foot, then rt foot, + horrible cramps, spasms in the lower legs. I was started on baclofen 10mg BID, then when I went to neurologist in Houston, he upped the baclofen to 3x a day. Have back pain mainly when I stand in one place for any time. Also, I haven 't seen much about this on the blog, but I have a huge problem with balance. Still am walking using cane, but I can fall at the drop of a hat with no warning. Does anybody else have that problem? Good thing I am well padded!:) I am now sleeping most of the night 90 to 95% of the time.:grin: This is my routine:
1) I take 8 ounces of Diet Tonic am & pm
2) I take 2 tsps of a magnesium supplement called Natural Calm am & pm
3) I sleep on a NIkken magnetic mattress
4) I slowly came off of Baclofen in Jan, 2009- It seemed to be aggravating my spasms
5) I use a machine called Anodyne therapy every night - it is a monochromatic low infrared light which increases circulation. Being a nurse for many years, I was skeptical. However, a podiatrist ordered it for me when I had pain in the side of my LT foot which NOTHING TOUCHED. I got relief the very first time I went to P T and they used it on me. I ended buying 2 of the machines
Sorry I was so long-winded, but this helps me sleep.

Welcome to the forum, sorry you having these issues, they sound like a lot of things that I have heard before. I am glad you have got an answer for your issues. We are up all hours on the forum, many of us have problems sleeping, seems to be really common with MND>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back