Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
Cad
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
Well here it is 2:20 in the a.m. and I find I'm unable sleep for the second knight running. The sleep aid mertazopean was unbeknownst to me was having a negative reaction with one of pain killers so i decided to stop the sleep aid. Smart? Did I mention it's 2:25 on Monday mornig. Does anyonr have any natural sleep aids that work for them. Nothing is too wild or crazy so please share whatever you may have.

Well if I knew one would I be here answering you?

Must be something about 2:30am! As this was the time I woke up this morning and am still awake an hour later. Natural sleep aids you could try for short term use would be melatonin. It is a natural hormone supplement, but should not be taken for extended periods of time. You can buy it over the counter. It works pretty good as long as you do not have bad habits of drinking any caffeine after noon or tv watching at bedtime.

must be a pls/als thing. i'm usually awake for a while then too. although i do usually manage to go back to sleep for a few hours since i started the baclofin

You might try Benadryl. Or NyQuil has a new sleep aid

Unfortunately, the half-life on most of our meds is 5 hours. I was right there with you without a sleep aid
It will grind you down....get some help

Have you tried chamomille tea or Tylenol PM?

Another thought... youtube has some meditation/hypnosis for sleep videos. I don't watch the video, but plug in the head phones and follow the relaxation instructions. Lots of breathing control (if you can do it) and imagery for relaxation.

Good luck

'Something I learned the hard way - the NyQuil sleep aid IS Benadryl.

The Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea ( Chamomile is one type) actually helped me sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back