Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
wv.
City
renick
last night was first time i slept 6 straight hrs since i can't remember when. at midnight my wife tired of me up and hyper ask if i wanted to try a natural sleep aid called "Melatonin". so i did and it worked great! maybe you all know about it but it was new to me,just thought i'd pass it on. sleep well chally :)

Thanks Chally, I may have to enquire about that one.
The last one the doctor put me on knocked me out for three days! I missed way too much cool TV to do that again!
God bless, Janelle x

Works great for some but not others. Good place to start though as it is a natural supplement.

And for me the lowest dose was too strong. I was non functional the next day.

My son takes natrol liquid as an extended release. There are several formulations. Tablets, capsules, liquids, etc.

Glad to hear you finally got some sleep! Melotonin is a natural hormone. As we get older, our bodies make less of it.

Melatonin didn't affect me at all. It's funny that it knocks other people out.

--Mike

I USE MELANTONIN almost every night, the chewable versions are much quicker and for me work much better.
On nights that I am anxious about stuff, I have to take Trazadone. It makes me groggy the next day....but when the voices in my head won't s.t.f.u. It is mandatory for me.
I prefer Ambien over Trazadone, but my clinic doc says that it could depress breathing in people with MND>

thanks ya all for plugging in on this. it is weird how it hits everyone differently, guess cause we are different physically. yea mark i have Trazadone on hand from the VA but haven't used it yet, my body still doesn't know legal drugs from street drugs and i have been clean now 28yrs so i am holding off on everything except vitamins even mm is not happening yet and that's a BIG YET! later chally

I have yet to find a sleeping aid that works for me. Tried them all. Yep, we are all wired different.

vince

1/2 ambien, 1/2 klonopin 4 me ...

HOW do you keep all this straight in your heads? You know, brand names, amounts...?

I can't even always remember the brand of my favourite Mocha!

J x

>HOW do you keep all this straight in your heads? You know, brand names, amounts...?

Sandy keeps a worksheet :)

I keep a spreadsheet that I take to all my appointments.

It seems to be important. Recently, just before a routine colonoscopy, the anesthesiologist saw my med list and expressed concern that I was taking phentermine, an appetite suppressant. (I'm on a diet). She said the combination of general anesthetic and phentermine could kill me. So she asked the surgeon about it.

The surgeon thought about it, waved his hand and said, "eh!" He was willing to take the chance. :)

Oh just lovely Mike! Glad you didn't tell us before the op!
Hope all ok.
God bless, Janelle x

Yes we keep a list too that I regularly update. We all have one. Interestingly no melatonin works for Steve or myself. My son only has success with liquid versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back