Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
Here's the story of my skydiving adventure. Do what you can while you still can. It's not just a saying. It's a pdf file so you'll need Adobe Reader to read it.
AL.

Last edited:
Woo Hoo!

You Go, Al! Thank you so much for sharing your adventure with us. I'm so glad one of your life's dreams didn't get squished by ALS. You are an inspiration to us for your couragage. This will inspire others to DO IT NOW and not put dreams off if the opportunity arises. God bless you for all your helpful thoughts as moderator. Cherie

Hi....thank you for the post! I have been thinking about buying my brother with ALS a tandem skydive. His hands are very weak but his legs are still pretty strong for the most part. Could you tell me how much his hands would need to be used for this and if you think, from your experience, that he would be able to do a tandem dive?

I have been thinking of various things for him and his new wife to do together or even for just for my brother. We took him to Oahu for his 50th birthday, he got married the next day and we started the trip with everyone doing their first extreme parasail - which he loved! I think he would have stayed up there all day.

Ellie

Thanks Al!

Thanks Al for thinkin of me and e-mailing me this attachment.

I went right to the page and after reading your story I closed my eyes and imagined flying in the air for 3-5 minutes at 80 miles per hour. I'm going to find some place I can do this. I'm grinning from ear to ear just thinking about it. :mrgreen: Didn't think about the cold either. I'll wear gloves.

Cheers to the warmth of summer!
Frizzel

Hi Ellie. There were a couple of tandem jumpers when I went. They didn't have to do much at all. The instructor does all the work and if he still has some use of his legs I think he would be able to do it. I'd probably go do a tandem jump but the harness across my chest wouldn't let me breathe well enough. I say go for it.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back