Diagnosis
11/2015
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Diego
It's hard to believe that my PALS passed more than six months ago. I have been doing ok thanks to friends and family.

I miss my husband so much. Sometimes I think I am doing ok, and am able to laugh with friends. Then it hits me. I went this morning to pick up the memory book they created for me at the funeral home and the moment I saw his face on the cover I started to cry. I've been going to the cemetery regularly to put flowers on his grave and just sit and talk to him. Today was a weepy day for me. I am grateful for the memory book and my dear friends who keep me going but I'm alone most nights and that is hard.

One good thing, I got a senior cat at the shelter a couple of months ago. He is 10 years old and just needed a home. He is very cuddly with me and follows me around. So at least I have some feline affection.

Thinking of all of you

V

V, I've been wondering how you are doing. The 6 month mark was really hard for me. I think it is because it came with the harsh reality that I really do have to live the rest of my life without my soul mate. Like you, my friends and family have helped keep me going, but the nights are so hard. I'm glad you adopted a cat! I don't know what I'd do without my sweet dog.

I can't believe 6 months have passed since you lost your husbands. I am glad you both have a pet in your life.
I am not sure if I will get one or not. I want to rest now and not have any responsibility for awhile. Right now I feel as if I am still caregiving. I haven't let this go yet. I want to organize and clean the house and give away all the medical supplies. I am having trouble sleeping tonight.

Mary, the first few months are a blur. Give yourself time to just "be". Do what feels right at the time and give yourself a much grace as you can.

Dear Mary, thinking of you tonight. I hope you can get some rest. Sending love your way

V

Losing a spouse is not easy. It's been a bit over 4 years since I lost Brian and I still cry at times. My DD is getting married this year and this is making it difficult for me. I feel like he should be here to walk her down the aisle. She was crying when she found her dress because she just wanted her Daddy to see her in it. There will be lots of tears flowing on her wedding day.

All that said, it does get easier and the teary times become more spaced out and life does move forward. Give yourself time, it's still too new and too raw. And remember there are lots of us here who are still here for you.

hugs

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in the cat you adopted. Pets are the guardian of our beings. They can bring you much joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back