Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
I got a call from my son-in-law's sister's boyfriend asking if I'd help move her piano. Since I have the dollies, blankets, straps and experience beyond measure, I said yes.

I'd never met this chap before and found him to be very pleasant, as was his older brother. In the course of conversation, I learned that the father of these two young men past away a few years ago after suffering with ALS for several years.

My son-in-law's sister, about 30 years of age, is not doing so well having some sort of neurological disorder yet to be diagnosed. She was suffering an exacerbation of symptoms this morning and was shaking uncontrollably. The doctors ordered an MRI but she couldn't keep her head still enough so it was cancelled. Her next appointment isn't until the middle of October which I think is a travesty!

I'd gladly let her have my V.A. neurology appointment next week if I could.

I'm looking forward to getting to know these people better.

Wow, sheesh! Poor girl. I hope it's something managable. Yes, they sound like good people Kim. I hope you aren't going to do any heavy lifting!

It's heart wrenching, Kim...as well as eerie for your family and your SIL's. Hate it that she is needing to wait for so long for testing. Just hoping she can be diagnosed and helped.

That's an absurd thing--can't they sedate her for the MRI? (that should stop any tremors for the 20 minutes a brain MRI takes!) Sometimes I wonder about our healthcare system.

Around here, an MRI can be scheduled the same DAY, even out of the hospital. I'm glad you're befriending them. Shows a good heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back