Not open for further replies.

lydia

Country
US
State
ny
City
buffalo
So what do the plus marks ("+") mean after some members' user names? Does it indicate some sort of status or ranking or level of helpfulness? I am seeing all those plusses and finding myself coveting them the way I did back in school when I only got an A.....

Lydia

Lydia ... I don't see plus marks ! I wonder if I'm being discriminated against in some way. I bet I am. You're getting all those +'s you deserved back in high school, and I'm getting nothing. Al always did like you best.

I got all excited and hyperventilated when "Helpful member" appeared on my id, but then I realized it's probably Canadian for "member with too much time on her hands who won't get off the blinkin' forum."

If you look at the person's name in front of the + you should recognise them as someone you added to your friend list. Sorry it couldn't be something more mysterious.

AL.

Ahhhh...so that explains it. This site thinks of everything.

But this means I will never actually see the plus mark after my own name unless ....I befriend myself. Huh. Well, I am gonna try it! I am avoiding being productive today so what the heck.

Lydia

It's a no-go. Can't be friends with yourself. And I always thought I was my own best friend. Oh well....

Lydia

Lydia,

You're a + in my book!

Zaphoon

Beth- again I am LOL! I have to quit reading your posts when I am supposed to be otherwise busy!

Well, see, I wondered about this too, but thought maybe it meant that two people started looking at a thread at almost the exact same time, i.e. it would be Lydia "+" Cindy.

So, that means I don't get a "+" in understanding forum capabilities.

Nothing like logging on to the site, and bingo, right with my first cup of espresso, I learn something. :smile:

Well, I just have to say that I figured out the "+" and its meaning quite a while ago.

Z, aren't you just the show-off :smile:

Z-
yeah mr smarty pants:razz:

OK Mr Smarty Pants, aka Zaphoon, aka Kim,

My self esteem took such a hit after I read this:|.... But then the UPS man brought the delivery of a new dvd player...... even though it took me ALL day (off and on) I feel once again secure in today's technology, because, I attempted to hook up a dvd player to the tv all on my own, and WON! I programmed TWO remotes, and other than one teensy practically minuscule glitch (the direct tv remote won't switch the tv back to satellite mode, and I have to touch a button on the side of the tv,) its good to go. So, although at first I felt nonplussed (get it ?) Me and my sole witness, the cat, now have wide screen, dolby surround sound entertainment capabilities. :!:

AND

I know what the pluses mean on the forum.

~ p.s...... do you like my new signature ;) ?

Ok Rose it took me a minute to figure out your new and improved signature and then.... I shamelessly copied....do you like my new signature? I do believe I have more plusses than you. Not that I am competitive or anything.

lydia

My friends, can I help the way my brain works?

+ = friend

Its one of the few remaining, fully functional parts left to my anatomy.

+ = friend

Rose, congratulations (from one smarty pants to another) on successfully hooking up your entertainment system. I would give you a "+++" for that achievement alone. And since you started it, I just had to follow with monkeying with my signature, too!

Last edited:
Zaphoon,

That was just the sweetest thing to read!

Lydia, I so enjoy your "brand" of humor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back