Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
State
SA
City
Adelaide
Hi Everyone. Thanks in advance to anyone that replies to this thread. I'm almost 38 and am terrified that something is seriously wrong. It started 10 weeks ago with an annoying eyelid twitch with the twitching now spreading to my legs and feet- mainly my right side but definitely happening on the left side too. In the last two weeks my right side (leg/foot and arm/hand) don't feel right, my little finger especially. It is like it doesn't belong to me and it is more noticeable when I type. I can still do everything but it seems harder and more effort on my right side. Is that the start of clinical weakness? Went to the docs today and all my bloods are perfect but when he did the Neuro exam there was no Planter Flexion
reflex in my right foot. I can't get in to see a Neurologist until next month and in the meantime I am consumed with worry. Based on your experiences is this what you felt as well? Again, thanks in advance if anyone is able to respond

Kind Regards, Belinda

Hi
If you read read before posting you know that twitching alone is meaningless

as for your other issues if I understand you this feeling of things harder involves your arm and your leg and happened in less than 10 weeks. ALS starts in one place and spreads from there. by the time it spreads to a second limb there is usually significant loss of function in the area of origin.

your clinical exam with your doctor showed no weakness and the only thing was a mute babinski ? Was it on your symptomatic side? Even if so it can be normal for you and even if it isn’t can be caused by lots of things.

until you see the neurologist and get their opinion please try not to worry. Take care of yourself well, enjoy spring and don’t google and read- it will stress you out for sure.

i expect the neurologist will give you good news. Please come back and let us know

Thank you so much Nikki for taking the time to respond. I will try and take on your advice and not to stress until I have spoken to the Neurologist. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back