Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
WV
City
Sandyville
I am very close to 24/7 with my trilogy. For those of you who have reached that point, is it possible to shower with your mask on?

Vince

Yes. We've done so for a good while now. I will try to remember to come back in the morning and explain how we do so.

Jim

We had given up showers by that point, but I know Paulette used a mouthpiece with Tim so the machine was on the outside of the shower and the hose on the inside -- the 15mm mouthpiece was attached to the hose and you can attach/loop the hose around the shower chair. Remember, hoses come in lengths up to 10' and as Jim points out and I should have here, can be connected.

Last edited:
with a long hose there is no reason not to :)

For Chris, taking a shower was a luxury that meant quality of life. Hopefully Jim will give some more tips.

We have a walk-in shower... though I don't know why our method would not work with any configuration. Darcey uses her nasal pillow mask for showering. We bring the trilogy into the bathroom but well outside the area that gets wet from spray. I have two 10' hoses connected with a coupling connection that gives me plenty of hose length to reach into the shower. Currently, I take off Darcey's nasal mask to wash her face and to wash her hair. Once done, I put it back on and complete the remainder of the shower. We do joint showers twice a week... and Darcey looks forward to these. She indeed feels rejuvenated after a good shower. Please feel free to ask any questions.

My best...

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back