Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Tampa
I need advice on where or what kind of shower seat to get. It is getting tough for me to stand up in the shower. Please give some advice.

Chad

hey chad i was just wondering if they ever found out what was causing your problem.

We got a long bench with high handles on both ends. One set of legs sits outside tub and one set sits inside tub/shower. You can wheel up to it, transfer to bench, scoot into tub and scoot back out. If you can't lift your legs, someone else can! This is working better for us right now.

We found it useful to get a rolling shower chair, even before my husband needed it. It saved purchasing a lot of chairs that would be outdated in a few months. We received our shower chair through a local foundation. There are many out there that are willing to help if this is a financial burden, since these chairs are generally not covered by insurance and run in the $2000-$3000 range. MDA will also grant up to $2000 in equipment if I am not mistaken, so they would be a good resource also.

Attachments

• funner 029.jpg
    funner 029.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 305
Nice looking family teej, or did you just rent all the pretty girls for the picture?
AL.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Chad

raggedymary said:
We got a long bench with high handles on both ends. One set of legs sits outside tub and one set sits inside tub/shower. You can wheel up to it, transfer to bench, scoot into tub and scoot back out. If you can't lift your legs, someone else can! This is working better for us right now.

This is the one I ordered today, thanks for the help.:mrgreen:

zac111 said:
hey chad i was just wondering if they ever found out what was causing your problem.

I am going to Mayo in 2-4 weeks, hopefully will get some good news. Is there new news for you?

no thet moved my emg and nerve study up from tommorrow till next week i was ready to see the results but i guess ill have to wait some more.its been almost 5 weeks since twithing started now have pain in left foot when i walk and the pain in legs is off and on still have a lump in throat when i swallow the only thing my blood test showed was low magnesium,well good luck with your appointnent i wish you well.

haha

Al said:
Nice looking family teej, or did you just rent all the pretty girls for the picture?
AL.

Well, with what we have paid for them over the years, it feels like rent, but no, they are all ours, and let me tell you, there is never a dull moment around here...;)

I figured out how to get the picture on a comment, but was hoping to figure out how to get it on my profile, or have it show up to the left when I leave a comment... Needless to say, I am not the most tech-savvy person you would ever want to meet ;)

Hi teej. If you want a picture beside your name that is an avatar. In the new members section is a sticky telling how to do it. If you want a picture in your profile go to user CP and click edit profile and there is a spot to upload a picture. The upload avatar is also in this area. Have fun. AL.

I just went low-end on a shower seat. | am vacationing in the SW USA for 2 months and didn't want to spend $60+ for a shower seat. Today I went to Walmart and bought a small, sturdy, plastic table for $6 and it works fine.:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back