Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I finally read this thread again... no there will be no pics of Sharon in the shower - just Sharon's shower. I now have, as of yesterday, a wall mount lift for getting me in the shower chair and on/off the toilet. And it can be moved to a bracket in the bedroom to get me on and off the bed. $5K but well worth it. I had just said I wanted to go parasailing! Now I can - right over my bed.

Tom, I have a bar that swings down from the wall that I use to steady myself getting on the toilet. Of course, I also land so hard that I think I broke the bidet toilet seat! Only $400. Bummer. The bar cost about $200 but worth it also.

Sharon,

Can't wait to see the pics! What is the name of the lift you describe above? THX

The lift I bought is a wall mount Surehands lift. There is a similar model made by Ergolift. The bracket mounts on the wall and then telescopes out. I bought the hygiene sling and it works real well. Had a shower today! It lifted me off the toilet and swung around to place me in the shower chair. The pics will have to wait until next week. Loaned my camera out

I also have a bracket on the wall over my bed - lifts me out of WC and onto bed and the lowers me down. Love it.

Well , its decided.

We hired a plumbing supply company that specializes in bathrooms to create this roll in shower. They had the experience , and had thoughtful ideas for layout that made sense.

Many of the contractors we asked did not want that kind of a project.

One of the contractors thought a shower with a 1.5 lip was roll-in. My last comment to them was "get in a wheel chair, and drive over a 2x4 - see how that works out for you"

Now , I only have to wait until late August for the work to be done.

Wheelchair shower

When they remodeled my shower to fit for a wheel in shower chair, they had to remove about 6 inches of the foundation under the old shower base. The purpose of this was to redo all the plumbing and reset the floor to be level with the tiles outside the shower. They slanted the floor so the water would flow to the center drain. They also installed solid pieces for the sides that looks like marble, not sure what it is, and a solid preformed base in the bottom. They Cut out a soap, etc section hole in the back center of the wall for shampoo, etc.

They also added back the handicapped rails for the benefit of the person washing me to have a hand hold, because the floor can get quite slippery.

I think I have some pictures of that on my page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back