05/2017
Country
US
State
IA
City
Cedar Rapids
Would this work? Why or why not?

ELLO&ALLO Stainless Steel Shower Panel Tower System,LED Rainfall Waterfall Shower Head 6-Function Faucet Rain Massage System with Body Jets, Brushed Nickel

(commercial link removed)

1616117738438.png
1616117773658.png
1616117966179.png

Right now everything is about me. Seriously, my husband should enjoy the remodel a little too! I think this wold be great for him. He’s worried that it won’t work for me without a slide bar. Thoughts?

Hi there BlsdMama (interesting moniker -} ) ,

My gut is that it is overkill. And yes, it is in fact all about you! I'm sure your husband agrees. First, ultimately you will want a roll in shower area large enough for you to get in there at the most advanced stage. Don't plan for intermediary stages!!

If you live a good, long life (as your attitude indicates you likely will), you will want two additional things...a showerhead that can adjust to some degree and and an extension hose with shower head (whatever that is called) that can reach further back in the shower so you can be cared for 'shower-wise' for an extended period of time. I really think you are zeroing in on it. All the best...Jon

I’m not sure, but it looks like a lot of fun LOL! I do like that it has lots of different functions and includes an extension hose. (That’s always a life saver for getting all the nooks and crannies.) We’re talking about a shower remodel right now also. We have such a small shower. I have small shower seat but it’s hard to move around.

wow! that is sweet! when having my bathroom redone, one thing I considered was how much the overhead extended out from the wall. you're going to need additional space, so make sure the showerhead water falls an appropriate location. I'm hoping it has bluetooth also. music will be a must in a shower as cool as that!

Thanks guys! So no one sees any potential problems with it? We gave up a full main bathroom for a bigger master than can house a bigger shower and we have friends who are contractors who came up with the idea and who are doing most of it. They’ll never know how grateful I am for this. We just want to do everything once, did it right, get it done. When we bought this six years ago, we knew it was a remodel project. We just never thought it wold be THIS kind of remodel project.

Jon - thanks for the encouragement. Despite ALS (and occasionally because of it) I’m so blessed. Supportive husband and extended family and friends. This disease is the worst but it sure brings out the best in people.

I think that rocks!

I agree with @jonico that being able to adjust the overhead spray direction is good. I like the idea of a tub filler spout. My handheld sprayer head is a long cylindrical shape, which makes it a little more targeted - easier for the caregivers to use. I think it's helpful to have levers on the controls, making it easier to use when hands become weaker.

BlsdMama, here's my five cents. You need a shower head that can tilt and/or slide to adjust to your needs over time. I think others are saying basically the same thing. This one - while it looks totally fun (and I am all about fun) - seems like it is fixed in place. They are showing it with the handheld sprayer feature, so that's a plus.

Another thought is if you've never used a "rainfall" shower before, you should try one before installing this system. I find them to be totally annoying because I can't prevent the water from dropping into my eyes and I just spend all my time rubbing my eyes from the water. Not sure where you would try this - you can't exactly give it a trial run at the showroom :LOL: but I know some fancy hotels have it or maybe a friend.

Eric, now that you mentioned it, I replaced my rainfall shower with a different one last year. I needed more pressure on my neck and also needed one that tilted more. I have two showers in mine. One end is the one I use now and the other end, by the pull down bench is a hand held that stretches five feet. Right now, I use that one to clean the shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back